Chapter 5

I stood at the parking area after school and saw that it was totally empty.

Neither Aron nor Nathan's car were there. No matter how much I tell them to drop me home, they just won't.

I called Nathan.

After a few rings he picked up with a busy tone. He was breathing heavily as he picked up.

" Sarah, I'm in between my practice so I'll talk later... ", was the first and last thing he said before I could say anything and disconnected the call.

I closed my eyes hopelessly.

Scrolling down the screen I reached to Aron. He's is probably gone home but I should still ask him if he's around. Hoping him to be near, I called him.

" Hello? ", he said.

" Are you home? Or away from school?  ", I asked. I could almost feel his smirk as I said so.

He knew I had no one to pick me up.
Lazy me, I didn't even like to go by bus.

" I'm already home, Sarah. Should I come back to pick you up? ", he asked. Not worth it.

" No it's fine. I'll manage back. ", I said and hung up with irritation.

I started walking down the road as I started thinking what all was happening with me and my life.
How I might end up getting a punch from the very guy whom I crush upon.

As I slowly walked by the paved footpath, I was stopped when I heard the sky growl and along with it I heard a small thunder.

Looking up, I saw the sky was slowly casting with black clouds and the sun, which was almost about to set down was covered completely.

Maybe, I should just avail the bus faster.

I looked over the street and saw a clumsy little crowded bus stop. I looked away instantly but looking up again, I saw the sky.

It's going to rain anytime.

With weary steps I walked towards the bus stop, when two three strong raindrops fell on my head.

See! It's raining now. Mother nature has her own sense of humour against me. I ran into the shed with the rest of the smelly humans, standing there waiting for the bus.

When the rain started it was just drizzling but soon enough, it was completely impossible to see through it.

" Hey... ", I heard someone say behind me. In hurry and shock, I looked back and was surprised to see Sam.

Sam, with a yellow umbrella.

Hmm...

" Uh... Sam? ", I asked in surprise. He pulled down the umbrella and came under the shed.

" I thought you went by your car or something. ", he stated simply. " It really is pouring down. I can't walk with that umbrella anymore. " he said rather to himself. Then turning around he asked yet again, " Didn't you go by a car? "

" I did but my brother has some practice today, so... ", I said keeping a suspence after that. Okay, I jusy left the sentence like that.

Eyeing me, he said, " My bike isn't really working. So I'm going by bus now a days. "

I nodded.

When I realised that I have stopped stalking him. Stopped knowing what he does or did.

" Oh... ", I said but then I tried an effort of striking a conversation, " What about your sister? Who takes her? "

" Some guy she likes... I don't really know. He takes her back home now a days ", he said. I nodded when a little laugh left my mouth.

A brother going so casual about his sister's feelings.

" Brittany finally found a guy? ", I asked in a fake surprise, " She actually decided to settle down? "

I sucked back my tongue as I said that. He narrowed his vision on me as I said so.

So, two punches on count!

" Well, I didn't mean it like that. I'm happy she's finally in a relationship. ", I lied to him. His sister, Brittany had always been a third wheel to everyone's relation.

She's not rude.

We know each other and have shared a few words but I never really liked her, to be honest.

" I know. ", he muttered slowly expecting me to not hear him but however, I did. " What everyone thinks about my sister. She has turned into a girl that gets in between everyone. "

I didn't know what to say.

When I heard a screeching sound. I looked up to find the bus I'm going to avail there.

" Sam my bus is here. Bye. ", I said. He looked up and read the bus number, and quickly said, " I'll be going on the same bus too. "

Hurriedly, we both got up.

*-*