Chapter 1

" Let's play... ", Myra said, with a humming sound showing that she is thinking, which she rarely does.

" Something interesting which will change someone's life. ", I said dramatically along with a bored look, faking my excitement.

No offence— I love sleepovers with my friends, but NO WAY, I like playing indoor games with them.

They become devils in disguise, when playing.

" Let's play... what if? ", Myra at last completed her sentence.

" Nahhh... That's the worst game I ever played. One girl once asked me something, after which I stopped playing that game. ", Aron, my best friend and also my girl best friend, Myra's brother, chirped out.

" What was it? ", I asked even though he has told me about it before. I like stabbing that old wound of his.

Myra, stuffed a laughter inside.

" She is kind of a nerd you know. She used to have this great crush on me, in addition she wears braces and they always had food sticking out of it. ", he explained. Not that the experience was funny but clearly, he was mocking her.

" So...? ", I asked trying not to laugh.

" She asked me— what if I kiss you and you kiss me back. ", he said, covering his face which turned unreasonably red. I laughed as Myra joined.

" Where's Nathan though? ", Myra asked. Me and Aron smirked as she asked that.

" Missing my brother? ", I asked, poking her elbow.

Okay! clearing out! she has this immensely big crush on my one year older brother, Nathan. He's also her friend and a part of our friend group.

I don't know why Nathan is taking so much time in the washroom, though.

" Off to find the chamber of secrets in the washroom. ", Aron added and I giggled.

Myra just rolled her eyes.

" So, about the game. ", Aron said suddenly. I was snapped out of my thought of choosing a cute ship name for my bestie and brother.

Nayra.

" Anything but Truth and Dare. ", I said at once. Their face lit up like a devil and I knew that they will now obviously choose it. How much I wanted to kill myself.

Why did I remind them?

" Truth and Dare, is it? ", Nathan came out of– God knows where– and sat next to Aron. Aron grinned as he rubbed his palms like a mosquito

" No guys, you know I'm not going to play anything related to truth and dare. You guys play. I'll sit here. ", I said, crawling back a bit on my bed.

Nathan's eyes shone, as I understood what it meant.

" Your dirty secrets will be revealed to mom! Should I tell her about that time you brought alcohol to church or that time you went to that br—. ", I yelled out a scream and he stopped. I understood and came back.

" Not ruining the fun, let's play. ", I said wearily and face palmed. They all always give me the worst dares.

" So, turn the bottle. ", Nathan said, placing a half filled bottle on the a hard board over the bed and spinned it.

It rotated as my heart thumped in a fast pace.

" Why isn't it stopping? ", Myra asked, impatiently.

" It will now. ", Aron said and putting a finger between its movement. It stopped at Nathan.

" Oh Nathan... ", I called out.

" So, I choose truth. ", he said. We had a rule in the game of truth and dare, that if one person says truth, the next HAS to choose Dare.

So, if it's me after him— I'm doomed.

" Nathan, out of the three of us who is your bestest friend ever? ", Myra asked. She obviously wants the answer to be her name, but I knew the answer.

And it wasn't Myra.

" Um... Look I love all of you but the winner is one... And the award of being the closest to me, goes to... ", he started as if he was giving out the Oscar.

" Dude, we all know it's Sarah. What a waste of time. ", Aron said punching his arm strongly.

Yay! it's me.

" Okay, it's Sarah. ", he agreed winking at me and then smirking, he spinned the bottle.

It spinned and kept on spinning when I grew impatient. Anywhere but in my direction.

Aaannnnd...
It stopped pointing at me.

I rolled my eyes seeing it.

" Oh Fish. It's Sarah. ", Aron and Myra said, high fiving.

Oh no...

" No no no no... I'm not doing any dares. Last time you guys forced me to shave Erin's pet and I was grounded for a whole month. I'm not doing any. ", I said.

" Sorry but I'll be giving you the dare. ", Nathan said, grinning like an evil person.

" God... ", I gasped when Myra and Aron sat up, in interest. Nathan is really a good dare giver. (Is that a word?)

" I dare you... to punch the first person you meet after you step out of the house. ", he said.

There was the freaking dare!

" What... please no! ", I groaned but I knew I had to do it. Nathan knew secrets which – if spilled I'll end up grounded for a whole year.

Maybe, more than that.

" Okay... ", I said and went up to the door. As I opened it, I saw that the whole road was clear. I sighed in relief when I heard footsteps.

I looked closely at the figure walking down the road. Sam Calvert, I recognized as I saw him walking.
His face hung down as if he was in some thought so he didn't spot me.

No...

I can't be punching him. He has been my crush since my sophomore year.

*-*