Chapter 19

Making sure that others don't get wrong thoughts in their minds, me and Sam both got up to check up on Aron and Brittany.

Sam was ahead of me so he gets to see whatever was happening between them, first.

Aron had his arm around Brittany as he was consoling her. She wasn't crying though.
" Don't they look so cute together? ", I asked picturing them as a couple in my mind.

" Maybe, but Brittany can't be getting anyone better. ", he agreed. Which brother says things like that though.
Aron stuffled a glass of water in Brittany's hand which she drank slowly.

" Why is Brittany like that? Hyper sometime, rest of the time getting between other people. What's up with her? ", I asked at last. Something is surely wrong and hopefully her brother knows about it.

Key word : Hopefully.

" Am I supposed to know that? ", he asked. I mentally rolled my eyes at his negligence towards his own sister.

" Are you supposed to be her brother? ", I asked, rhetorically. Obviously, he isn't supposed to be.

He laughed at my statement.

We stood there in silence, when I felt like as we already are acting cupids for them why not for some more.

" Um Sam... ", I called.

He looked at me while raising his right eyebrow.

" Look, not only Aron and Brittany... Even Nathan and Myra like each other. Can't you help them get along as well? ", I asked.

" Nathan And Myra likes each other? ", he asked in surprise. Isn't it like so visible. Everyone except them knows it.

" Obvio. "

He tapped one finger of his, over his cheeks, showing that he's thinking.

" Uh... okay. ", he agreed but then laughing slowly, he asked, " Are we here to fix relations, Sarah? "

Why only fix? we can even get into one if you want. I thought.

*-*

" We are including you in this master plan. Nothing should be spilling out! ", Sam said as I stuffed a pillow in my arms.

We were in Sam and Derek's room. Derek and Lorraine are being included in our match fixing plan.

" Oh I always wanted to do this. Being the cupid in a love story. ", Derek exclaimed.

" But who are the people we will fix up? ", Lorraine asked. Me and Lorraine are good friends now all thanks to Sam.

" Nathan And Myra. ", I said. They all howled in exclamation.

" Nathan likes the nerd! ", Derek yelled loudly. It felt wrong in a way. They just called my best friend, a nerd.

Okay, i completely accept that she is one though.

" The name's Myra. ", I said in a deep voice.

" Isn't it the same? ", he asked narrowing his eyes at me.

" Nerd and Myra sounds the same? ", I asked in a dry voice. Never thought Derek is going to be so irritating.

" Stop it... ", Lorraine said and pulled him back. Sam patted on my back saying, " Coming back to the topic, are we? "

Lorraine hummed something in her mind and said, " Guys, what should we do? "

" Talk to them personally? ", I suggested then after a second, realising that it's not even a solution. Had it been so, then they would have been long dating.

" Leave them alone in a room till they get to understand their feelings for each other? ", Lorraine suggested as she crouched in Derek's arm.

" Or... We can make them jealous! ", Derek said.

We all looked at him.

Jealousy swept over me as I didn't come up with that idea topping over it, the fact that Derek did.

" Good idea. ", I said submissively.
" But who would be doing that? "

As if automatically my eyes turned towards Sam. The only single guy here. Not that I want him to flirt with Myra but knowing that it will all be an act, I was relieved.

" Me? ", he asked pointing at himself.

" I guess so buddy. ", Derek exclaimed engulfing him in a half hug.

*-*

Next day as all the students were there on the ground waiting for our trainers Robert and Amanda to be coming, I decided we must start the act.

I pulled Myra aside where Sam normally stays and asked her to wait.

" Why am I here and where are you going? ", she asked like an annoying kid as I was about to leave her.

" Wait here, I'll be back in a second. ", I said and rushed away. Going right towards Sam I pointed at Myra.

" What? ", he asked me bluntly. I face palmed saying, " Flirting... Did you forget already? "

He understood immediately and then making a why-me face, he walked up to her.

Last night, Sam was so annoyed to even think about it and cursed about bringing Derek in the plan but Derek forced him off limits.

And those off-limits were really really off-limits.

He went up to her and said a ' Hi! ' awkwardly. So! Our head guy doesn't know how to flirt. Derek was nearby and all alone to be precise as anytime I usually see him, Lorraine is always by his side.

He walked up to me and then following my gaze towards Sam, he crackled up in laughter.

" I forgot that our good boy doesn't know how to flirt. ", he said in between his laughs.

" He's a popular guy I thought he was... ", I started but before I could complete he said, " He isn't like the school typical bad boys. He's different. "

An awkward moment of silence passed.

" Why? ", I asked. He looked at me, now his face all serious, " After their moth- "

" Every one is requested to line up as our class will begin in no time. Girls towards Amanda and boys towards loser, sorry I mean Robert. ", a girly voice of obviously Amanda cut Derek's convo off.

" Okay bye. ", he said and rushed to the other side. Sam also walked away as soon as he heard her.

I waited for Myra and the first thing, what she said was, " I don't mean to hurt you or your feelings, but you know Sam was flirting with me a minute ago. "

I nodded, slowly but not reacting to what she said, I just told her, " Let's get going. "

*-*