Chapter 3

" I'm never doing sleepovers with you guys! Not before a school day atleast. ", I said as a yawn escaped my mouth.

Aron's head was already on the desk and he was probably already asleep. I don't know. I didn't even talk to him because he placed his leg on my face.

" Hmm... ", he hummed nudging his face more into his arms.

" Welcome Children. ", I suddenly heard a voice which snapped me out from my yawning fit.

Looking up, I saw our class teacher standing there against the black board. His specs were on his nose which moved once or twice, due to that bushy moustache.

He looks like a cartoon, to be exact.

" Good morning, sir. ", some said and the rest weren't even bothered. One of them being Aron.

Myra and Nathan have different classes and I'm stuck with Aron most of the time as almost all of our subjects are the same.

" So, I think all of you are here so I'll be starting my class. ", he said cranking up and down his nose as he looked throughout the class and felt something missing. I checked too.

Sam.

Sam wasn't there.

I just hope he isn't in the hospital for that punch. I mean it can't be that bad?

" May I come in sir? ", I heard someone say. I looked at the door to find Sam standing there. Relief washed all over my body.
A purple and greenish bruise was on his right cheek bone. He touched it once.

" Two questions may I ask. Mr. Calvert? ", our teacher asked raising an eyebrow.

" No. I just want to get in. ", he said. My lips parted wide open at his straight forwardness. I would have been suspended if I said that but he's the principal's son so...

Ignoring that answer, he however asked, " Why are you late and why do you have that on your face? You are some illegal underground fighter? "

I couldn't help but laugh.

Aron was up by then, his eyes staring at his. After a second, Aron eyed me. A teasing grin was already there.

" No. I'm doing nothing illegal. I don't know– a guy punched me last night and I got this. ", he stopped and pointed at his bruise, " Matter of fact, I don't even know him. He just came and punched me. I couldn't get a wink of sleep because of it ", he complained.

Somewhere, guilt was killing me.

" Yeah yeah... ", Sir said with a bored look and turned away. He entered the class, as his eyes turned around. For a single second our eyes met but before anything— I turned away.

" Boxing. ", Aron, the I'm-here-to -irritate-always said, " I'm friends with a boxer. "

" Will you shut up? ", I asked him politely. He looked up as if in deep thinking and then said, " I gave it a good thought... So no! "

My eyes, as if rolled by itself.

Sir started the class and I placed all my required books on the table and started reading.

I'm no good student and usually I am the one to go off to sleep or chit chat with Aron but I couldn't today. My heart was palpitating and my eyes continuously looked at Sam.

Suddenly, I was disturbed by a tap on my shoulder. As I turned back, I saw Laura with a small paper in her hands.

She's passing chits to someone?

" Whom? ", I asked in a whisper.

" It's for you, dipshit. ", she said rolling her eyes and I quickly took it from her.

For me?

I started unfolding the paper to read it's contents when I saw Aron hover over it.

" Someone has got a lover boy! ", he sang in a whisper. I pushed him away and unfolded the paper quickly.

It had scribbled handwriting all over the paper. It was hard to read but however, I figured it out.

Sarah,

Got a really important talk with you. Meet me after the class. Don't run away.

Sam.

As I read the last word, my heart started beating at it's finest speed. Like no way will I survive if he knows that it's me who punched him.

Maybe I got a good punching had, but he has better.

" Hoho! Someone's gonna die. ", he murmured as he read the writing.

" What should I do? ", I asked Aron. He sat there as clueless as a monkey, who got to eat honey and meat.

Sorry for that weird similie.

" Prepare for your death. " He laughed but as I gave him my I-will-kill-you eyes. He shivered a bit, " Haha, I mean run sway as soon as the class ends. Make no possibility of him meeting you. No way should you run into him. ", he said but it's easy said than done

Sam is the head boy of the school and he can know everything about everyone( in this school I mean, he ain't no fbi lol) as he has access to literally everyone around.

" It isn't easy. ", I said with a sigh between every word I said. I turned back a bit and saw Sam staring at me.

I turned away in uneasiness.

*-*