Chapter 28

" Finally our work is done everyone. ", Amanda said proudly as our bon fire woods were settled in their required places and all we need now is to light it up.

I looked at the clock and saw that it's past five. Partly shocked that when we started our work it was eleven in the morning and we didn't even realised that we worked that late.

" We all should have something now. I guess it's too late for lunch but it's a good time for snacks. ", she said and then taking slow steps she entered the hall. We all go followed her in.

" Sarah... come here. I need to talk with you. ", I heard a male voice and turning back, I saw Sam.

" What? ", I asked —instead of blindly hearing him— about what he wants to tell me.

" Come here. ", he pulled me away from the crowd and as they all left he brought me to a shady area. His whole face was covered with sweat but still he looked really hot, sexy, adorable or anything you may say.

" What is it? ", I asked as my stomach was literally dancing in hunger.

" Look. After all these days, I realised something. I mean I have understood something... ", he started repeating some words quite some times.

" And... what is it? ", I asked patiently.

" That— ", he started when suddenly Myra came from where I don't know, and pulling me away from Sam she said, " All talking after lunch. "

" Myra I need to talk... ", he quarreled, but before anything she pulled me away and started walking to wards the hall.

*-*

Swirling the chowmin in my fork slowly so that it can be lifted to be eaten, I thought what he could have been talking about.

" Myra why do you get in everything? ", I asked Myra angrily. " Sam was about to tell me something. "

" Oh, he must be asking you out. ", Nathan said. I laughed hearing him. Sam Calvert, will ask me out. Hilarious.

That sure is hilarious.

" Even I think so. ", Myra added to him. Now a days Myra always agrees on whatever Nathan says or does.
Now that I think of it, I shouldn't have done anything to bring them together.

" No... Sam won't, can't possibly do that to me. He might be asking me to help him to get along with a girl. ", I said though in heart praying that nothing like that actually happens.

" Sarah no! ", Derek said as he sat next to Nathan and banged his hand on the table.

" What no? ", I asked hissing out at him, " Do you even know what we are talking about? "

" Yes and I know that Sam will be asking you out. ", he said casually. My eyes widened in shock.
He wanted to ask me out, back then.

" Stop joking. ", I said, half smiling.

" I am not joking. He will ask you to be his girlfriend tonight. He wanted to invite you to a lonely place so that he can confess to you. ", Derek said, " He even prepared a small writing for you. He's romantic af. "

My lips parted in surprise. My heart had already skipped millions of beats and I didn't know how to react.

" Here... This is his piece. ", he said, putting down a small paper on the table with a clumsy handwriting.

I picked it up and started reading.

Though it's not April yet,
I wish you...
Happy April's fools.
- Derek.

I clutched the paper and then pressing it into a small ball, I threw it at him. Derek and Nathan laughed like an insane lunatic.

" Not a good joke. ", I said rolling my eyes.

" You actually got caught in it. ", Nathan said still engulfed in his own laughter.

" We both planned this joke while picking up woods. It could have been more realistic if Sam was in it but I couldn't even find him there the whole time. ", Derek said becoming serious for a second.

And then they starting to laugh again.

Myra was laughing too but not showing it openly. I slapped her arm and she complained, " You have to beat me? even though they cracked the joke? "

" I hate each one of you. ", I muttered angrily.

*-*