Chapter 21

Next day, as we gathered at the ground I saw a distant poultry farm. Hoping that we don't have to pick chickens off their nests and they would peck on our hands or something like that.

" So as 99% of students here can get up on horses efficiently we must move on to our next task. Picking up eggs from chicken nests... ", Amanda said as she turned the mike wire around her arm.

" But before anything I warn you that they are very fast in movement and have a sharp beak, so beware of their pecks. ", she said and slowly started walking towards the poultry farm.

" I'm not even touching them. ", murmured Myra beside me. I like eggs no doubt with that, but removing chickens and plucking their eggs... Nope!

Boys were as usual away from the girls. Robert was still telling them about methods of plucking eggs.

I looked back for a second and saw Lorraine and some red haired girl, beside her. They were staring at their nails. Admiring it.
I instantly looked at mine. Short and clean. Sighing slowly, I followed them.

As we reached the poultry a very raw smell of rotten grass and hay inflicted in my nose. For a second maybe, I felt that I might puke out but however taking it back in, I waited.

" The smell isn't very good I accept but staying here for sometime, you would be accustomed to it. ", Amanda said waving her hand in front of her nose.

The walls of the poultry was all wooden with brownish hay sticking out. Each wall had two rows of line which had nests made of hay and the chickens up on it.

I had seen stables like these in many movies. I wonder how those actors survived in there.

" So... let me show you how to do these. ", she said and then bending down towards the below row she picked up the chicken slowly and without letting the chicken notice, she picked up the egg and kept it on the egg tray. With slow motion she kept the chicken back.

Easy right? No!

" Isn't that easy. ", she said smiling. Then plucking off the gloves from her hand she again grinned.

" Who would try to do it? ", she asked just like she did while the horse training was going on.

But luckily before she could stare at me, a girl came out and walked up to her.

" I've done these at my farm house so I can do it. ", she said and without any hesitation she picked up the chicken and brought up the egg, much easily and faster that Amanda did.

Amanda seemed to be a bit angry as someone did it much better that her, but she kept silent.

*-*

As we all, including my group and Sam's group, sat in one table. Nathan made sure that Sam is quite far from Myra.

" Myra you didn't do that picking egg thing? ", Sam asked Myra. All eyes turned towards Sam and then her.

" Uh no... ", She said in confusion.

" You didn't really needed to though. Your pretty hands would have gotten dirty. ", he said. I almost covered my mouth to stop myself from laughing.

Derek said he can't flirt.

" Oh Nathan? why are you getting angry?  ", I asked as I saw him inhaling and exhaling in anger.

" I... I'm full. I should just leave. Bye guys. ", he said half stammering and then banging his fists on the table, he left. Okay, I guess he's getting too affected now.

" I'll be back. ", I said and then following him to his room, I saw him on the bed. His fingers crossing his hair multiple times.

" Natha- ", I started but he turned towards me before I could even complete his name.

His eyes were looking disgusted.

" Nathan are you crying? ", I asked, and walked near him, " Why are you so angry? Are you hurt? "

" Sarah, I could not take it anymore. Seeing Myra with anyone else or anyone trying to take her away, from me... its... so painful. ", he finally spoke.

A smile erupted my face.

The door suddenly banged open and in came Sam. I frowned seeing him.
But Nathan reacted much more severely.

He grabbed his t-shirt and pinning him to the door, he said, " Sam you better stay away from Myra. " Nathan literally hissed out at him.

Sam chuckled asking, " Why? "

I prayed in my mind— just don't kill him, Nathan.

" Because, I don't want you near her. She isn't even interested in you so back off. ", Nathan scowled.

" Why do you care, Nathan? Who is she to you? ", he asked again but he was really calm. A moment of silence passed when Nathan literally had an out burst.

" I love her... damn it. I can't see anyone next to her. Don't you dare try to go near her! Don't you dare! ", he screamed.

Oh these, words . I always wanted to hear these. Oh...

" That's Exactly What We Wanted to Hear... ", he said with a mystical voice and pushing him lightly, he opened the door.

Derek, Aron and Lorraine, were on the other side of the door and right in the middle stood, Myra.

*-*