Ruby *smut*

(So, would you like to see this one shot turn into a full blown story? I have a great idea for where it could go but it's only if you are willing to read it!

Oh, and this one goes 0-100, REAL QUICK! Enjoy <3 )

I sat calmly at the gynecologists office, looking around me at diagrams of the female reproductive organs, figures of babies coming out of fake plastic hoo-ha's, and histological figures of the skin and organ tissue that would surround the female reproductive system.

I was no stranger to these things, none intimidated me. Not because I had been to the gynecologist before, I never had been really, but because I was heavily involved in the sciences before I was ever involved with mister J.

The doctor came in suddenly holding a folder. She pulled up a stool and proceeded to sit in front of me.
I had on nothing except for the hospital robe they had given me and I was fully exposed beneath it.

"Well, miss, I have your results." The doctor said as she opened the folders. Her face remained stoic as she was glancing over the documents.

I didn't say a word, patiently waiting for her to continue.

"Now, before I break the news, I want you to know that there are various other methods but unfortunately, you yourself cannot give birth. However to have children you can try one of the various methods available to you including adoption or surrogacy." She said as she glanced over my face.

I know she was expecting devastation and pain, but instead I was looking back at her and smiling. Not because I was particularly thrilled about this piece of news, but because I was naturally an optimistic person with a positive attitude.

"But, everything else seems normal! Just a little hormonal imbalance but that can easily be corrected by a bout of birth control. Other than that, you are perfectly fine." The doctor continued.

I nodded and looked down. For whatever reason, I had thought of these things before. I had mentally prepared myself long before these doctors visits. I would always cry to myself just imagining I'd be one of the unlucky few women who wouldn't have the joy of giving birth to their own baby, but now I was at peace. It was alright.

I looked up at the doctor, who seemed surprised at my reaction.

"Thank you doctor," I said graciously.

"Are you alright?" The doctor asked with caution in her voice. The poor thing was probably afraid I was in shock or something.

"Of course! This isn't the end of the world," I said as I dropped the robe from my body, fully exposed in front of my doctor, and proceeded to put my clothes on. "After all, you said adoption and surrogacy were options," I smiled as I put on my last article of clothing.

I grabbed my purse and turned to the doctor. "Thank you doc," I said and walked out.

I skipped down the steps, the doctors words engraved on my brain. It's not that I was happy, I really wasn't. But I knew with the life I had chosen recently, pregnancy would be something that would completely hinder my operations.

And I couldn't have that. Not when I worked for the most notorious crime boss in all of Gotham, who practically ran the city.