Loathing

A knock on the door caused Jokers head to shoot up. Wiping his nose with his forearm, he tried to fix his disheveled hair and motioned for the man to come in.
As Spade walked in, he tried keeping his eyes focused on his boss but couldn't help but notice the white powder all over the boss's desk. With a gulp, he tried to keep his gaze away from the drugs.

"We have a name, boss." He reported, holding a file.

After a few seconds, Joker croaked irritated. "Well?"

"Officer Mark James." Spade looked back up at his boss after reading the name.

"And you're sure it's that one, particularly, that I'm looking for." Joker tilted his head, his eyes glaring daggers into Spade.

"He was the one who reported you and...miss Ivy as missing. And he was the one who set out to look for you, found you, and reported you." Spade explained.

Joker nodded. "Picture?"

Spade shuffled through the papers and brought up a photograph, handing it shakily to his boss. Once Joker snatched it, a growl emanated from his throat but he grinned widely. His heart was pounding against his chest, wanting out so desperately.

Tucking the photo back in his pocket, he looked at Spade.

"Leave the files. Go. Take tonight off, you've done well."

Spade sighed in happiness as he set the files down and tried to hide the giddiness as he walked out.
Joker searched through the files and sighed as he read everything inside it. From the reports to the abuse.
Everything they had administered under the watch of this particular officer.
He had noticed a trend, he seemed to target only a few individuals.
The night was spent reading every detail.

The next morning, he had tucked the files all in a briefcase and wore his most expensive suit.
He had to make it a point to look presentable. Walking by the mirror, he checked his hair and grinned at himself.

"You handsome devil," he muttered to himself, continuing to walk to the car.

"You need backup, boss?" Johnny Frost asked as he tried keeping up with the Joker.

"Oh no, Frosty boy, just gonna visit an old friend."
Slamming the door shut, the joker wasted no time peeling out of the driveway as his men watched.
No one had been briefed about what was happening today, the boss was known to act unusual but this was as weird as it got.

As Joker sped through the highway, passing cars left and right, he knew there was a struggle awaiting him on the other side. He knew he was partly to blame for what had happened but maybe the identity of this officer would serve as a white flag of sorts, maybe he'd be able to regain his friend.

Just minutes later he had reached his destination. It was a shame they lived so close yet they'd become so disconnected after all this time. Together.

Slamming the door shut, Joker held his brief case and reached over to pick up some flowers from the ground, but he quickly stopped himself.

"Poor taste," he laughed to himself.

As he walked closer to the greenhouse, he took in the fresh scent of all the different flowers, the humidity. He inhaled and exhaled the scent but before he could continue walking further in, a vine wrapped around his leg and kept him from stepping forward. He nearly lost his balance but was able to avoid falling.

"Old habits die hard, don't they Ivy?" he snickered as he looked ahead, watching a red haired woman strut slowly towards him.

"What do you want?" She asked, not looking him in the eye.
"To talk."