Run Part 1

Classes were two weeks in. The professor who stood proudly in front of the large auditorium filled with students kept ranting on and on in that monotone voice of his, talking about some sort of evolutionary concept I had mastered.

Natural selection.

I'd studied this before, nothing special. I looked to either side of me and the girls sitting beside me looked back at me and smiled.
My two closest friends: Krissy and Nicki.

They were absolute dolls and the only two people I had trusted with my darkest secrets.
For starters, they knew who my parents were.
I sighed and leaned into Krissy.

"Girl, I'm gonna go to the restroom real quick. Tell me what I miss!" I whispered as I leapt up quietly and walked slowly out of the large auditorium.

I made my way down the hall and entered the restroom.

--

Nicki looked over her notes and sighed. She leaned into Krissy.
"I don't wanna be here right now," Nicki said, causing Krissy to smirk.
"Same here! We should ditch!" Krissy exclaimed quietly.
"You know Lucy won't do it, the goody two shoes!" Nicki smirked.
Suddenly the auditorium doors flew open and in walked heavily armed men holding guns. All 160 students in the auditorium froze and looked on in wonder at the agents walking in slowly, scanning the room.

"We are looking for Lucy Napier," one of the men spoke up to the professor.
Krissy immediately recognized what was going on.

Lucy's parents were the biggest, baddest criminals in all of Gotham, and she was convinced they probably held that reputation all over the world too.
Her father was the Joker, notorious mob boss and crime lord who held authority and power unlike anyone else.
Lucy's mother was the infamous Harley Quinn, psychiatrist who had started out in Arkham Asylum, typically where experienced psychiatrists were favored to work. Her parents had such a twisted love story but in the end, they produced one of the most intelligent, beautiful, and kindest soul there ever was.
It was almost unbelievable.

She looked to Nicki and winked.
As soon as Nicki nodded in approval, Krissy stood up and hunched over in a coughing fit. Nicki immediately stood and made a commotion, capturing everyone's attention.

One of the armed men came running to their side, a look of worry on his face.

"Oh my god! Krissy!" Nicki exclaimed in her convincing panicked voice. She turned to the man approaching them and put her hand up.

"Stop you're scaring her!!" Nicki screamed.
The man stopped in his tracks and brought his hands up in surrender.
"I'm not gonna hurt ya, does she need medical attention?" The man asked.

"No but she needs fresh air," Nicki looked pleadingly at the man, who nodded and let the girls out to the hall. Once the door closed behind them, the girls ran to the bathroom where Lucy was just coming out of.

She saw her friends running like mad towards her and she immediately retreated inside the bathroom to avoid clashing with them.

"What is wrong with you!?" Lucy scolded her friends as they held her in a tight hug.

"They're here for you! I think it's the FBI, they're looking for you!" Nicki exclaimed. 
Lucy's heart dropped.
"But...why? I didn't do anything...do you think they know?" Lucy asked with sadness in her eyes.