Not today

My heavy panting was all I heard as I used my last ounce of strength to support myself against the heavy doors. I finally made it to my destination.

The hide out.
The elaborate, beautiful, mansion of a hideout.

As I leaned onto the door with a thud, I lifted my bloody arm up and hit with all my might. But it was barely a tap. No one would be able to hear it unless they stood within a couple feet of the door. And to my luck, someone was.

As he opened the door, I didn't have the strength to pull myself back and collapsed as the door opened.
Normally I would have braced myself had I lost my balance, and somehow protected myself as I fell but now I had no energy, no motive. No life.
I faintly felt a pair of arms grip me, preventing me from making contact with the cold marble floor beneath us.

"BOSS!"

(Normal POV)

The Jokers attention was focused on his right hand goon as the door was opened. He watched in shock as a body fell through the doorway.

As Frost gently laid her down, the Joker stomped quickly to where the pair were and knelt down beside him

As Frost gently laid her down, the Joker stomped quickly to where the pair were and knelt down beside him. Looking down at her broken form, he hissed and fixed his hair, slicking it back as his eyes scanned her body.
Bruised and bloodied. Her arms had multiple gunshot wounds which were bleeding profusely. She had managed to leave a trail of blood behind her as she limped back here, something she hadn't thought about in an effort to conceal the whereabouts of her wanted boss.

As the rest of the men gathered around the now unconscious girl, the Joker jolted up and started barking orders at them.
He leaned down and gently slipped one arm under neck and another under her knees. Slowly he stood up, lifting her unconscious form with ease and walking towards the lush staircase.
"Get the doctor down here ASAP!" He barked as he looked at one of the men standing to the side. Stomping up the steps, the commotion followed him to his bedroom, where he steadily placed her down on his bed, careful not to cause any more damage.

The Joker was NEVER careful. Never.

Not even with Harley. But this girl was far more special to him. She was the only person who didn't fear him, who stood up to him because she treated him like a regular person. Deep inside, it's what he yearned for.

Within seconds the doctor rushed in to the girls side and started work. The joker kept his eyes glued on her, watching each intricate move the doctor took. He wasn't a religious man but he silently prayed that whatever damage that had been inflicted wasn't anything too serious.

Where was she? What had happened?
All he remembers was having given her the night off to do as she wished.
That usually involved her going home, taking a bath, spending a night alone to gather her thoughts and act civil only to return to the Jokers side the next day to wreak havoc.