puerto rico & trump

In case y'all didn't know, I'm Puerto Rican. A proud one at that. I love Puerto Rico with all my heart. The island, the beaches, the food, the monuments, the old people ... It's just so beautiful all over.

I haven't visited PR ever since 2010. Seven years since I've visited. I never knew it would be the last time I would see the island as it was.

The Puerto Rico I knew is not the Puerto Rico it is today.

The beautiful island is no more ... Houses are ruined, a bridge collaped, a dam broke, no drinking water, scarce food.

And yet this idiot has time to argue with athletes.

...

Imma let y'all think on that.

Puerto Rico, which is US territory, which is US concern, is in a state of evacuation because of that dam I mentioned, and is still without power.

And Trump is arguing with Steph Curry.

Like I'm honestly dumbfounded at this point. Like I knew he was a huge dickhead, but damn. I mean I can't say I wasn't expecting it because I was. I mean dude thought PR was a seperate country in all and had no clue it was US territory. But dude is more concerned about his hurt feelings than millions of people in danger of dying.

He obviously doesn't know how it feels to not have contact with family members. To not know whether they are safe or currently in danger.

I have no clue on the state of my cousins. I don't know anything. Everyday my mom looks for something, anything to give us word on the town my cousins are in and all we have are videos showing damage and heavy flooding. The town my cousin is in is surrounded by rivers, rivers that most likely overflowed.

And I ain't tryna make this about myself. I'm just saying what I'm going through is what several other Puerto Ricans are going though rn, not knowing where their family is and how they are.

Shit hurts. Yet Trump got time to call football "sons of bitches" for kneeling during the national anthem or tell Steph Curry he's not invited to the White House but not time to get money for relief.

Shit hurts.