CHRISTMAS EVE

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVE!!!

Yo I'm so excited, I feel like a little kid honestly. Although over here in New York, you would think it was Spring because of the 70° weather. But the point is, CHRISTMAS IS TOMORROW!!!

What is there to rant about Christmas? Well nothing for me. But I thought it would be cool for you guys to comment below what you guys do for Christmas Eve and/or Christmas.

I'm Puerto Rican, so for us our celebrations focus more on Christmas Eve than Christmas itself. I believe this is for all Hispanics too.

We got arroz con habichuelas (rice and beans), yuca (cassava), pasteles (tamales), macaroni salad, and pernil (pork shoulder). I don't like macaroni salad though, cause I'm not the biggest fan of mayonnaise and I don't pasteles cause ... well I don't like the taste. However everything else? Two plates full of food and I'm knocked out.

Family comes over, and family is a big thing in our culture, like for many cultures. They bring gifts, put them under the tree, and it's a huge party.

The next day is CHRISTMAS!!! Usually wake up around 8-8:30, but my mom never fails to wake up at 9 or even 10. (-.-) We open gifts and then they send me to store to get bacon, egg, and cheese sandwiches for each of us. Now this isn't part of Hispanic culture of course, but we made this a tradition of ours. After that, that's about it really, and some more family comes over if they weren't able to come the previous day. This goes on for about three days Lol.

So guys I'm curious. What do you guys do on Christmas Eve and Christmas? Comment below!! And vote as well.

And if you don't celebrate Christmas, that's cool. If you celebrated Hanukkah or celebrate Kwanzaa, I'm curious even more.

Happy Holidays guys! Next update should be before 2016! ☺

ig: xoiesha_
tumblr: iesha-xo