School and Spaghetti

I want you guys to take a look at the picture in the media.

...

Saw it?

Okay good.

School dress code. Is the most stupidest thing I ever heard of. To a certain extent.

Now we're not gonna be coming to school naked or in our underwear. That is just...just no. You may hurt the eyes of many people, and the children. Jesus the children.

But school dress code is stupid for many reasons.

One. It pertains mostly to females.

The fact that we cannot wear anything showing our shoulders is pretty idiotic. The fact that we can't wear tank tops or for some schools it gets as serious as shorts is really, really dumb.

Now correct me if I'm wrong. But I don't recall any guy telling me my shoulder was sexy as fuck. I mean if they did...um thank you? It's pretty bony so nevertheless I wouldn't get that compliment.

But not once have I ever heard guys like shoulders. I could do a survey and find that the majority of guys don't find shoulders attractive.

And this thing with it distracting boys. How is it my fault? What they need to learn is to not have such a short attention span, and remember they have an education to complete. This is connected with people who blame rape on the victims. But that...that is indeed another chapter.

If you got a big butt, and you're wearing shorts you're gonna get catcalled. Now if you don't got a big butt and wear shorts you're still gonna get catcalled cause niggas are thirstyyyy. It doesn't matter what we wear, guys are still gonna say something as if they can't control themselves. 

For the people who have big butts understand the struggle of shorts rising up no matter what. Even in regular shorts, your butt still shows. It's not your fault that you got all that junk in your trunk. The school board can't force you to get an operation. That's apart of you. You can't help that. And if a boy can't control his urges (Which again connects to rape which I would discuss later), that is not my problem. His parents should've taught him respect and self control.

Two. Where are the rules for the boys?

Again please correct me if I'm wrong.

But does it say anything about boys sagging their pants in the dress code?

Like I find guys' butts pretty cute. But you don't see me getting distracted here. I'm still listening to Mr. Old Fart talking about the concept of history. I'm still taking notes. I'm still passing my tests.

Yet we can't show our shoulders cause it may distract them.

Puh-fucking-leese.

I don't know how many guys I've seen with muscle tanks. Like they're showing their muscles. Which last time I checked, I fucking love muscles. I mean the guys at my school don't have muscles. Well some don't. Well the ones that do actually have muscles. They look pretty good.

Still I'm focusing on my edumacation.

***

So the next time someone wanna argue with you saying that the reason for our dress code is because it "distracts" boys, you ask them what about us girls.

Trust me. They'll stammer. They'll sweat.

And then you laugh and strut away like the fierce Beyonce you are.

• ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ •

For all my girls out there, you understand the struggle.

Do you feel the same as me? Or you think the dress code is fair? Please comment below! I appreciate your opinions.

Iesha.