When High School Is Compared to Hell....

When we think of school, we see a building engulfed in flames, teachers are the spawn of Satan...

Okay maybe I'm overreacting, but yes. School is shitty.

I realized this in my two (and some months) of high school.

When I failed my first test I cried my eyes out. You come out of middle school so used to getting 100s or 90s, and here you failed a test. Not only did I cry, my mother got angry at me saying I needed to study harder. But she didn't know, and neither did I know, that this transition from middle school to high school is horrible and actually well known of.

I also realized it was shitty when you start to see that all the little middle school friends you had, slowly drift away like the the ice caps drifting slowly away from glaciers.

Global warming man. It sucks. Save the penguins. Penguins are cute.

School...stay on school.

But who really wants to talk about school.

I can't even school.

That's not a verb...that's why I need school.

Kidding guys...I know my verbs...

So yeah. No matter how many times you told your friends "Omg Alexia I would never forget about you, we're best friends."

It happened. Like this happened to all of us.

And for those that the ice cap thing didn't happen...I salute you.

I remember in the good ol' days, I had my own weird clique. We were all good friends. Not fake.

Summer before high school started we talked about meeting up.

Never happened.

I only saw one of the girls because she lives around the corner from me. But other than that, everyone else is not seen. Only on Facebook and Instagram.

(Do you know how awkward it is to write a tbh with someone you haven't seen in three years? Very awkward. Very.)

Also the amount of work you get is sometimes ridiculous. I have 9 periods. 7 classes (One period is lunch and the other is my science class which is sometimes a double period.) Now my Junior year has been pretty lenient. I only get homework from Pre-Calc and Spanish honestly, and sometimes Physics and APENG (AP English). So it's pretty light for me. But Freshman and Sophomore year? The work made me feel like I was dying slowly. I just got into school and already being hit with homework left and right. There were times when I wanted to cry because I couldn't handle it. Like have teachers not noticed this? It's enough with work, but with them constantly saying high school reflects what college you get into makes students feel like any bad test grade is gonna ruin our future. You don't know how many kids I've seen cry because they got a bad test grade or didn't get the grade they wanted. School is where grades determine your future which is complete bullshit because there are people who don't get the best test grades, but excel in other fields other than academic fields.  

So yes. It's shitty.

If you're a middle schooler reading this...

Yeah. This is life. Sorry if I scared you.

I'm just trying to prepare you for what's to happen.

I mean it has been proven high school students have the same mentality as asylum patients in the 1950s.

Yeah. We're crazy.

And yeah this is short. But only because y'all everyone know what's up. I don't wanna remind you guys too much.

•~•~•~•'•'•'•'•'•

Commenttttt.