Rape

I think this topic was bound to come. I have such a strong opinion on rape, and it something that I desperately need to speak on. And it's such a shame that at times it isn't talked about. This topic only comes up about every four years when it is time to pick a new president, and ask about what they're gonna do to acknowledge sexual assault. Then it dies down, and you only see it on Tumblr and if you're lucky on Instagram or Facebook. 

Many politicians has had their word on the topic, and their words are inconsiderate and ignorant. May I mention that these politicians are men? Yeah, doesn't make it any better. 

From blaming the victim, as if that's not gonna make them feel any disgusted within themselves than they already are, to saying it isn't all that serious, although every two minutes someone in the U.S is sexually assaulted, rape is something that needs to be talked about ASAP.

For those who blame the victim.

Please.

Do you know how stupid you sound? Are we just going to ignore the fact that the victim was forced to have sex? Are we gonna ignore the fact that she didn't want to have sex with the victim? Are we going to ignore the fact that she wasn't able to defend herself? Are we going to ignore the fact that she had no fucking say in what happened? 

Apparently we are. Because obviously  the woman was telling the guy to rape her and make her emotionally scarred. Make her scared to leave the house. Scared to be in contact of another man. She just obviously  wanted that to happen to her. Obviously she told him to force himself on her, so she could just feel worthless afterwards and feel as if no one cares for her because no one was there to protect her from the pain. She obviously wanted that to happen to her.

Rape isn't serious? It very much is serious. Forced to have sex and being hurt physically and mentally during the process isn't serious? Last time I checked, being injured is serious. 

It's the most fastest growing crime, yet still underrated. Could you believe that? And if once again you blame the victim because they didn't report the crime, again get away with your ignorant self. Victims feel ashamed that they were targeted and are embarrassed that they were raped. They feel as if they're gonna be judged or no one will listen to them, or believe them. Ever peed your pants when you were small and was scared to tell your teacher because you thought all the students in the class will laugh at you? Yeah. You felt ashamed. You felt so damn embarrassed. So imagine that. Times twenty. 

ANYONE can get raped. Just like ANYONE can be a rapist. 

And I swear to fucking God, people that use the "They ask for it." excuse need to make their own fucking country of ignorance and stupidity. Do you know how many times girl gets catcalled? Even when wearing a t-shirt and sweats and some sneakers, they still get catcalled at! Once I was in pajamas ... pajamas people. My hair was in some ponytail. I'm walking from Family Dollar and some guy is eyeing me. How I know he was eyeing me? Well he was staring in my face, and smirking at me. I walk past him and he stops and asks "Yo when Imma get your number?" 

Must I say again that I was wearing pajamas and had a messy ponytail. He still tried to talk to me, and tried to stop me. 

And no matter what a woman wears, it gives you no right to rape them. And actually only 4% of rapes involved participative behavior. And even if the behavior is participative it doesn't give the go to have sex with her. There's a strong line between flirting and sex. Learn it. She isn't asking for rape. She's doing what men do. Flirt. Ain't nothing wrong with that. 

Also for those who don't think that there is no such thing as marital rape? Well it exists people.

Rape is forced sex. It doesn't matter if you're married or in a serious relationship with a person. If the partner doesn't want sex, and the sex is forced upon them making them feel violated and hurt, it's rape.

I just hear so many myths about rape and it makes me cringe. Like literally I cringe. If you don't know shit, don't say shit. You not informed about the topic, don't act like you're informed about the topic. You don't understand the victim, don't try to blame the victim for your lack of understanding. 

Rape is rape. Point blank. No exceptions. No nothing. Rape is rape. 

--------

I think I made my point.

ig: xoiesha_

tumblr: iesha-xo

snap: xo-iesha