Kids Now V.S. Kids Back Then

I honestly don't know how back I'm going, but I'm gonna say people my age and up. So 16 and older. Basically the 90s kids.

When I was growing up, the 90s actually stood around until the early 2000s, basically around I'll say 2004 or 2005.

Kids back then had:
The Powerpuff Girls (which is still my favorite show out of all time)
CatDog (also my favorite show)
Johnny Bravo (best player of all time)
All That (yoooo this show)
Kenan and Kel (deadass thought Kel was hot )
The Amanda Show (Amanda, Manda, Manda, Manda, Manda Showwww)
Drake & Josh (Megan *stares at camera*)
Zoey 101 (SO FUCKING PISSED THEY STOPPED IT)

You get the point guys.

The shows kids are watching now are bullshit. No offense to my 2000s babies reading this. I love y'all but it's true. If y'all were to watch the shows I listed, and compare it to the shows y'all got now, you'll see Disney and Nick just isn't the same.

When Disney stopped doing that wand shit, Disney was doomed. When they took away the original logo, Disney was doomed. Liv And Maddie, Bunk'd, Dog With A Blog, and etc. Them shows are like ew. I mean I could fuck with Dog With A Blog cause Stan is savage asf.

But those shows force bad jokes and bad comedy in all. Back then, the skits were actually funny and seemed all natural, not forced.

Now you may be asking what these shows gotta do with kids. I mean the name of the chapter has kids, not shows.

The reason for this is because the shows shaped who we are today.

As I stated before in my chapter Bad Ass Kids, which goes for the kids now, they act all grown and be acting up.

In these shows, they got 7th graders, 12 year olds, in relationships getting all kissy kissy, and getting cheated on and shit.

No fucking wonder kids nowadays find that shit cute.

Cause they see it on TV, and they like "Well if Liv can do it, why can't I do it?"

...

Cause you ain't Liv!

Every show on Disney Channel and kind of on Nickelodeon deals with tweens being in relationships or wanting to be in one, and rebelling against their parents, or doing whatever the fuck they want. Now honestly if you a good parent, you don't gotta worry about that, but parents these days let they kid get away with everything. Which means they gonna do what Liv is doing, and even more.

Kids back then didn't have to worry about this shit. We were screaming at the TV, telling Zoey to notice the feelings Chase had for her. We were singing along to the entrance of Kenan and Kel. We wanted Helga to stop making shrines for the boy Arnold. We didn't care about boyfriends. And yeah they had it in shows, but it wasn't so greatly emphasized. It was more about enjoying childhood.

Like some kids need to do. *stares at the bad ass kids*

Kids now have technology. Only technology. The only thing they know about is iPhone this and iPhone that.

You know what I knew about?

The Outside.
The Playground.
Lego Blocks.
DOING. CHILDREN. THINGS.

Even now I don't mind coloring in a coloring book, or playing double dutch with my girls. Or just chilling and listening to music, dancing like we don't have three projects due this week.

Kids now only know how to upload a picture on Instagram, or post their "drama" on Facebook.

Probably it's the fact that I kind of don't like children aged 5-13. Probably it's the fact that children these days make me cringe. Not all, but some do.

But y'all don't know how fun it was. Cause it was really more fun. More fun than double-tapping a picture on Instagram. More fun that posting that twerk video.

I'm serious guys, there's more fun things than that.

---

You guys have any fun memories that y'all used to do?

Anymore fun shows y'all used to watch?

Comment belowww, and vote also.

ig: xoiesha_