the tea is HOT

Alright so last time I wrote in here was the beginning of March and I was complaining about corona.

Now we're at the end of June and I'm about to go off about the shit I've seen regarding the police, some black people in our community, and ya know, fucking Twitter.

Like I usually say, and if I haven't said this before well here I am saying it now, if I'm not posting here I'm posting on my ranting Instagram @filledwithmelanin and writing on my blog filledwithmelanin.com. I just redownloaded Wattpad on my phone because now I have a new one with soooo much more space. 128 GB. I've never had that much before lmfao.

Alright so let's get started. *ahem* ranting commences in 3, 2, 1...

Stop saying there's a race war happening NOW. This didn't just happen out of nowhere and it's not just happening now. There has always been a race war in this country, starting from when they took our Ancestors from the west coast of Africa and used them as slaves. As soon as they had them step foot onto the land, that is when the war started. This isn't something new, RACISM is not something new. People are acting like racism disappears for a good amount of time and then reappears again when a video surfaces of explicit racism being done.

Racism is ALWAYS around because explicit racism is not the only type of racism!

Racism is ingrained structurally and institutionally. Our damn economy was built on the backs of the Africans that came here by force and people gonna think racism is just when I get called a n***er?

Economic racism, environmental racism, scientific racism, and institutional racism (pertaining to schools, housing, employment, ANYTHING that involves access to the makings and organization of a society) ... this is what Black people have had to deal with for centuries and what we STILL have to deal with now. So no, this isn't a race war that is happening currently. These are just one of many battles.

Going off on that, THE POLICE IS BUILT ON RACIST ORIGINS. If there is racism in our economy, if there is racism in education, if there is racism in employment ... what makes you think it stops at the police? Slave patrols were turned into police stations! They went from ensuring slaves stood on plantations and prevented them from escaping up north to over-policing black and brown communities and ensuring they get jailed and put into a prison system (WHICH IS ALSO RACIST)!!! Race takes part in EVERYTHING!

The police do not "serve and protect". Not my people anyways. They serve and protect white supremacy and uphold systemic racism and that is why the police must be abolished in order to take a step towards dismantling systemic racism. And I don't mean abolish the idea of lowering crime and protecting people. Abolish the police as we know it today. As racist. As corrupt. As overfunded. As too powerful. Once we abolish that and create a NEW form of policing, that involves more of the community and involves more social workers, rather than people who get trained for six fucking months.

The billions of dollars of funding to police departments can go towards healthcare, housing, education, and employment: with all these things, crime will be lowered TREMENDOUSLY.

... oh god. That's the trump word ... EW ...

ANYWAYS.

Then even more funding can go to mental health workers, which can do mental health checks and ARE TRAINED to work in intense situations involving those with mental illnesses. Police, in their six months, are not.

Like I said, abolish the police as we know it. The police system is racist. Period.

——

I have a whole lot of other things to say regarding what is happening in the black community regarding BLM but imma leave that for another day.