Chapter Twenty-Nine

Start from the beginning

Rain had put the dogs in the backyard once they were done the opening and closing the yard gate. She and Angel went out to the guest house.

"Here you go Angel, your new home. If you need furniture moved, just ask Kirya or me. Kirill still needs to hook up your entertainment center, Here are your keys, "She handed over the keys then carefully walked her to the bedroom and smiled, " This door is your walk-in closet, it's between you and the bathroom, and the washer dryer combo is in your bathroom. It's new, and here you go." She walked her into the large bathroom with a walk in shower with a stone floor and light purple tile and glass doors. The toilet was next to the washer and the marble vanity The shower head was a rain head, and the room was decorated with teal, light purple, and white towels.

"We have pizza in the house." Angel nodded, "All right I will be there in a few minutes." She went back to her bathroom and shut and locked the door, sliding to the floor in tears as she tried to process what was going on. When she calmed down, she dug through a box and pulled out her ladies of D.C. fuzzy pants and the tee she got while in the Bahamas.

After she changed, she went out. She opened up the bedroom boxes and started with the elastic dust ruffle. She was in so much pain, and nothing was going to help it. She got the dust ruffle on and started with the sheets and blanket, folding the duvet at the foot of the bed. Angl sat opening the second box and dumped all her pillows on the bed. She was shivering, and it was just 70 degrees outside. She went out in the living room and gave a brief acknowledgment to Kirill who was putting together her entertainment center.

*~*~*

"Thank you, Ronald. We'll still be on for game night tomorrow? I've started the appetizers for us."

"Thank's much I'll let Tina know." Rain nodded and waved him until he was in the house next door then came back inside and out the back door and smiled at Kirill, "Kyria hows it going?"

"Hello, Llyubyu! I am setting up her electronics and helping her unpack. Last I saw of her she was in the bedroom making her bed."

Rain smiled and kissed him softly and slipped through the door into the bed and bath and found her curled up in her bedding and mountain of pillows.

"Hi Rain..." her voice cracked. "Thank you for taking me in. Maybe you could take me to sprouts and Fry's so I can stock my kitchen."

Rain smiled blinking back tears, "we need to get you a Washer-Dryer Combo for, in the bathroom. They called Kirill and let him know it was ready for pickup." She stroked Angel's cheek. "How about we go over to Sprouts and Walmart and Fry's in my car while Kirya is doing his part in all of this."

Angel smiled and nodded as she sat up and Rain got her into a pair of Wildcat sweats and her new sneakers. Angel handed her brush to Rain and sat in the desk chair while Rain worked on her hair, cutting it short and spikey bringing out the pretty in her face.

"Alright, my love lets get to the car." Rain smiled and let her out and to the car.

Angel slid in and touched Rain's crucifix on her rearview mirror then buckled up. She rests her head against the window as they traveled up to the Walmart first and they picked out things that Rain knew she needed.

Rain picked up towels cleaning supplies. Two pretty wall clocks, made copies of the keys and gave them to Angel then moved into the grocery area and they filled the cart and headed to check out. Angel paid for the food, Rain swiped her card for the household things, and then they headed to Sprouts to get the organic, healthy stuff.

An hour later they were home. Angel put everything away, poured the dog food in the Rubbermaid and lay down on her couch, Kirill was gone at the moment and when he came in the door with a trolley and the washer, dryer unit and then he built the shelf around it.

"All right Angel. I'm heading back on if you need anything just come knock on the back door."

"All right Kirill, Have a good night." She saw him to the door and locked the screen door and then locked and bolted the inner door. She gathered the dogs up and brought them into the bedroom and shut the door, filling their kibble bowls and climbed into bed after changing into a long nightgown. It was a new one, and she was putting on weight. She'd stopped exercising; she was following diet less and less.

*~*~*

Rain sat in their bed in a tank top and underwear, and she stroked her belly. She was only two months pregnant, but she and Kirill were excited. Kirill stripped down and went to the bathroom coming out half an hour later, the dirt was gone, and her husband climbed up in bed with her.

"How are my best girls," He asked as he kissed her softly.

"Another month and we can hear her heart beat.."

"Really?"

"Yes now come to bed I have a long day tomorrow."

"As do I, Llyubyu."

*~*~*

Another four months passed and Angel's mood was always dark. She refused to admit she was pregnant and this was causing a rift between her and Rain.

*~*~*

Rain had adopted out all the puppies but two. Lucky and Cera. She had brought home a doppler stethoscope to help make Angel understand what she was going through. She let herself into Angel's apartment where her friend lay listening to music.

Rain sat on the bed and turned on the doppler and swiped it over Angel's growing belly. "Angel listen that is your baby's heartbeat, that is your little one."

Angel pulled off her headphones and Rain passed the doppler over Angel's belly again, and Angel paused Rain saw the tears.

"Two days before the wedding Halex and I made love in the rented Limo. It was the most beautiful thing I"d ever been a part of. Rain I don't know what I'm going to do. He doesn't want to marry me, his leaving in proved that. But I don't want you two to be responsible either. I'm just going to lay here until I am a mother."

"Are you eating properly? Taking the vitamins, I left for you?"

"Go away Rain." Angel turned her back to her Rain and said no more so Rain left her be and went inside and got Halex's number from Kirill and prayed it wasn't disconnected.

Kirill came out into the kitchen to do dishes while Rain waited for Halex to pick up. She was just about to push the button to end the call when she heard that gruff voice, "Adler... Hello?"

"Halex. This is Rain. Angel is here in my guest house very pregnant and very depressed she can deliver anytime now she's in her third trimester. I suggest you get her soon. I love her, and I'm trying to help her, but I can't deal with the stress either. Come and get her, come and see her see how broken she is and take her back with you. Please."

He was silent letting Rain have her say, he thought another moment and bit his lip. "We will come and get her. Just make sure her passport is up to date..."

"I will."

"I just have to call Princess Abijinn. Then we should be there in two days."

"Thank you, Halex, she's in the guest house on the back end of my property." Rain hung up and crushed herself into Kirill. "He'll be here in two days." Kirill nodded and kissed her cheek softly.

"You're going to be happier again, and the stress will be gone, ye tebya llyubyu."

She smiled, "I love you too."