Chapter 48: Rescue

Isaias

The chief Police ordered his crew to search every corner of the estate while Luigi was lividly hot on his heels, roaring his protests to which the Police just ignored.

The employees of the estates scrambled everywhere; a few were hiding, and the rest were brave enough to take a peek or eavesdrop of what was happening.

Batiste looked stiff as he followed the President.

The President suddenly came to a halt almost colliding into Batiste who was just right behind him and snapped at the poor butler.

He said something to the butler causing the butler to shook his head in obedience. I could smell even from a distance what the President was thinking. And if he thinks he could get away from his sin, he is mistaken.

Throwing Celestina a brief side glance, I strode towards the room where I left Angel.

My pace hastened as I approached the door. Seeing the door slightly open, I slowed down and so the beating of my heart.

"Piccola!" I called out as I pushed the door wide open.

My eyes swept over the room, but she wasn't anywhere. My heart leaped to my throat at the thought of her wandering around. Frustrations and worries bubbled up in my system, each one fighting for domination.

"Vaffanculo!" I hissed under my breath as worries won over my anger of her disobedience.

I quickly left the empty room, heart hammering loudly against my ribcage.

"Angel!" I called out a little frantic as I strode along the hallway.

Logan was coming towards my direction with two other securities.

"Did you see Angel?" I barked gruffly, nails digging into my palm as I eyed the three with impatience.

Logan's eyebrows scrunched up, glancing at his two mates, they shook their heads signaling they don't know where she is either.

"The basement!" Logan blurted out seconds later. I snapped my head to him. His face turned grim matching mine.

"Madwoman!" I grumbled furiously, frustrations now taking over me.

"What's going on?" I heard Leone behind me.

I felt my other friends coming closer, but I didn't bother turning around to face them.

"Angel decided to take a stroll, unfortunately!" I grit out drily.

Vito's chuckles faded as I strode off, heading towards the basement.

I felt the growing ache in my jaws from clenching tightly. My whole body felt restrained from suppressed anger.

For Pete's sake, I'm going to strangle her pretty little neck!

........

Angel

Two minutes passed since he left, my interest rose up a notch. I want to know what's happening outside. As the seconds ticked, my curiosity started to eat me up.

Five minutes ...

Ten minutes passed ...

I let out a frustrated sigh. I felt like I was transported back to my younger years when all I can see was the walls of my room or our mansion.

I ripped my eyes off the green painted wall and gritted my teeth.

I'm old enough to understand what was going on!