Chapter 8

" What were you saying? ", I asked Myra as we entered in the class, for our second period— English.
That's a period which I don't have with Aron but with Sam.

As we walked in, I saw the room was half filled with students croaking about the announcement the principal gave about the trip.

Debating whether they would go or not.

" Nah, Picking eggs from hens aren't my cup of tea. ", a girl said gulping down some water.

" Cup of tea and egg toast. ", her friend added. I chuckled internally.

" A girl... ", Myra said again. I rolled my eyes at her.

" Okay then...? ", I asked somewhat annoyed now.

" A girl is the matter. I saw him with a girl and he seemed pretty pissed. Though I didn't see her face but she had blonde hair. ", she added to her features.

More than half the students of this school has blonde hair.

Instantly, I looked at my hair. Plain brown hair with twirling curly ends, that I hate the most.

" I'm so done with responsibilities. ", I heard a very known voice that obviously belongs to Sam. As I saw Sam enter the room with his friends and his closest friend, Derek by his side.

His gaze stopped at me for a couple of seconds before Derek said something to which he turned away.
My heart almost crashed against my chest as he looked away.

That's the affect he has on me.

" Love sick. ", Myra muttered eyeing whatever I did. I looked at her but I couldn't help but laugh.

" Look who's talking! ", I said teasingly.

*-*

As the bell rang for the fourth period, I came out of the class to go towards the cafeteria when I saw a relatively large crowd at the end of the corridor.
I walked towards it to find Sam there standing with a clipboard in his hands.

So he's taking down the names.

Aron was there quite near to Sam speaking to him about something. Sam just nodded and wrote down everything he said. Aron then walked out of the crowd and Sam's face went all sad.

" Okay okay! One at a time. ", Sam called out to the crowd. Aron was about to leave so I stopped him. He was caught off guard as I grabbed onto him. He hasn't been talking much to me since this morning.

I don't understand why!

" Aron, what were you telling Sam? ", I asked at last. He looked up and quickly got his gaze down.

" Sarah, it's nothing to worry about. ", he said caressing my hair a bit. He seemed tensed.

" Aron, just tell me what is happening? ", I asked forcing him to tell me. I squinted my eyes.

" Okay? I can't stay with you guys at the bus when we go to the farm house. We will be on the other bus! ", he said at last.

" We? ", I asked but wondering who the other person might be.

" I... Um... Alone. I mean I will be on the other bus. ", he said and then turning a bit suspicious, he asked, " What's up with you and Sam, huh? You guys are friends? "

A weird tone hinting upon his voice.

I nodded to agree that we are friends. He looked up in annoyance then pinching my cheeks a bit lightly, he walked away.

What the feeding horses is wrong with him?

I sighed as I looked at the crowd but I was shocked to see Sam staring at me. The crowd was talking about something, but he just stared at me as if zoned out.

Going in, I just shook him saying, " Write my name Sam. ", I said. He came out of his thought and looked at me. Anger flashed over his eyes as he saw me but quietly he wrote down my name.

" My friends, Myra and Nathan with side seats. ", I added. He just copied down everything I said with weird types of looks.

Did anyone tell them that I suck at reading faces?

" Done. ", he muttered and looked away from me to another boy who was getting anxious to get his name written down.

I stepped back in irritation. Why do people tend to act all weird by my side?

Aron is suddenly secretive.

Sam who just turned out to become my friend is now giving me betrayal types of glances.

Shaking my head in utter discomfort, I headed back towards the cafeteria.

*-*