Chapter 62: Goodbye Kiss

[Sawyer's POV]

I went to the vet earlier today. They checked Hitch for any diseases or cancers. I remember holding my breath, hoping nothing came up. Fortuneately, no diseases or cancers were found. Nor is he dying, which was implanted in my mind by myself.

The vet told me that Hitch was having a small depression because we brought in the dog and haven't been paying much interactive attention. I found this utterly bizarre since Hitch is basically my life --besides Joey and my family--.

I drove home with Hitch on my lap. I had pet him while I drove and he just laid there, not much emotion being given. I guess he has to so a little bit of adjusting from the loneliness he's been experiencing.

I arrive home in a flash. I stick the key into the doorknob and open it. Joey sits on the floor with the small dog near his leg. The dog runs around Joey and Joey laughs. I smile. I close the door and Joey sees me. His eyes brighten and he gets up to greet me.

His hands find my waist and he pulls me in for a hug. He rests his head on my shoulder. I strap my hands around his body, holding him tightly.

"Why does it feel like your going to leave me? Like your going to fall in between my fingers and disappear?" He asks, suddenly. His hot breath tickles my neck. I decide to think of an answer.

"It always feels that way." I reply. We let go from tight embrace. Joey locks his fingers with mine.

"So, how's Hitch?" Joey asks.

"He's okay." Hitch is with the new dog, sniffing the new dog's butt. "Just a small depression. But, I think he's going to pull through." I look at Joey, now. "What are you naming the little guy?" I ask.

He takes a moment to think, placing a finger to his chin. Then, as if a lightbulb has lit up, he gives me an answer:

"Finn." He says, staring at the dog. "After Finnick Odair and Finn from Adventure Time."

"Yes, perfect." I say. I aim to kiss his cheek, but he turns his head and I kiss his lips instead. His lips don't taste like pomegrantes, as they used to. They taste like sugar. Like, he has eaten sweets that stayed on his lips.

But as always, his lips are adorably pink and plump. And, I love them.

"What should we do now?" I ask him.

"What we normally do." He says. "Be f*cking amazing and awesome."

"Of course," I laugh. "But, really, what do we do?" Once again, he puts his finger on his chin.

"Oh! Play Minecraft with me?" He asks excitedly, and I nod.

We head straight for the game room. I

spend most of my time there, playing GTA 5 or something. Ever since Joey and I moved houses --more like apartment to house--, we have much more space. Too much space actually, but we're not complaining.

I sit in my area of the room and Joey sits in his. We turn on both of our computers and go right ahead on Minecraft. Joey decides to record for his gaming channel, so we play Hardcore Games and Secret MCSG.

During all of this, I think over the idea of leaving to college. I might leave soon, I don't know.

I get distracted off of the game and die. I scream in rage at the person who killed me and Joey avenges my death.

"Thank you, Joey. For avenging me." He smiles, kisses my cheek, and continues playing. He dies a millisecond later and sighs. He ends the recording and spins in his chair.

"How do I know that your thinking very hard, right now?" He asks. It's more of a rhetorical question, I believe. So, I just shrug. "Y'know, I think it's appropriate to say that I want to distract you."

"What are you going to distract me with?" I ask, raising an eyebrow. I was actually curious about what he was thinking about, to be honest. He searches up Youtube, then logs into his account. I was actually surprised that it wasn't automatically on his account.

He puts 'Your Song by Ellie Goulding' into the Youtube search bar. Multiple videos pop up, but Joey chooses the first video. Of course he would, everyone does that. At least, I think so.

The video loads for a few seconds. Finally, it starts.

Joey gets up from his chair. He stands in front of me and reaches for my hand. Without any second thought, I take a grasp of his hand. He helps me stand up and I do.

It's a little bit funny; this feeling inside.

The song began, soft and slow. Joey rests his hand on my waist, then another hand on my hand. He lays his head on my shoulder, our bodies touching. The feeling of his warmth is wonderful.

I'm not one of those who can, easily hide.

Joey brings himself even closer to

me. I put the hand -not the one that Joey is holding-- on Joey's soft head. We dance a little bit. Just us, dancing to a song that loves us both.

I don't have much money, but boy if I did, I'd buy a big house, where, we both would live.

I begin to ignore the lyrics and focus much more on Joey.

How long have we been together? Almost a year.

How much have we been through?

A lot.

I laugh to myself. We've been together for almost a year and it seems as though we've been through so much. What else is awaiting us?

A part of the song that has a soft, high-pitched voice comes on. Joey lifts his head up from my shoulder. We look at each other, searching. Searching, for something. I don't know what it is, and I don't think Joey knows either.

Not being able to handle myself, I attach my lips to Joey's.

It feels magical.

Joey's lips become a drug. A drug that will forever stay on my lips.

The kiss is soft. Not hungry, at all. It's passionate, not much as sexual.

Although the kiss is absolutely wonderful an glorious, I feel like this kiss is a goodbye kiss.

No, I don't feel. I know.

This is goodbye kiss.

Because I might be saying goodbye soon.

______________________________

Hey there, chickadees.

I decided to try and make a schedule. Since I only have two books on --3 counting the upcoming book that comes out tomorrow--

Monday: Request from Anyone or Free.

Tuesday: Short Story of any kind or Free.

Wednesday: Free

Thursday: Love Me :)

Friday: Love Forever, and the upcoming sequel.

Saturday: The new book that is coming out (Trust Me)

Sunday: Free

Well, that's all. I love you. Byeee <3

xoxoxo