Chapter 34: Better When You're Gone

Right now I wanna free fall 

And not think of you anymore 

But I cant help it 

No I cant help it 

Cause if I spoke the truth 

The whole time I just wanted you 

And that sweet smile 

I'll miss your sweet smile 

-Better When You're Gone, Luke Conard

[Cat's POV]

As soon as I got home from dropping Joey and Sawyer off, I quickly fed Beta. I went to the bathroom and looked in the mirror.

A sad, lonely, and fragile girl stood there. Her hair was mess, she looked tired, and heartbroken. Why? Only one word: Joey.

A pang of jealousy hit her, then left immediately.

I'm starting to get sadder and sadder everyday. I just realized that.. Lately, all I see is a girl who's depressed. I hope I'm not..

Joey is all I think about.

I walk out of the bathroom and walk over to my bedroom. It felt cold and images rushed through my head. Images of what Joey and I could do in here.

Goddamnit, I'm getting obsessed. I decided to text him.

Cat: When you're done with your date, can you come over? :)

A few minutes passed and Joey answered.

Joey: Our date is over so I'll be right over =P

I nodded and smiled. I quickly changed into a black, short dress. I wore black leggings and black flats. I put on my lenseless glasses on and put on some perfume. I looked in the mirror and put on some makeup.

I don't why I decided to "dress-up".

My heart started to pound. I could feel it against my chest. My mind began to race with scenarios that will probably never happen.

I heard someone knocking at the door and I rushed over. I opened it to find a happy Joey.

Joey: "Hey, girl!" He smiled and smiled back.

Cat: "Hey, Joey." I let him in and closed the door behind him.

Joey: "So, why am I here at 8 O'Clock at night?"

Cat: "Collab?" I suggested

Joey: "Really? At this time?"

Joey got closer to me and softly held my arms. He started to stroke it and I started to blush.

Joey: "You're so cute."

He walked over to couch and smiled. The outfit he was wearing made me believe Sawyer just dropped him off here. I sat next to him on the couch and instantly smelled alcohol.

Cat: "Joey..."

Joey: "Yep?"

Cat: "Did you drink?"

Joey: "..Yeah."

Cat: "No wonder you're so happy."

Joey: "Well, it's better to have alcohol on date."

Cat: "Whatever."

I scooted closer to him and I couldn't help I did next. Well, I could've helped it but, It just..

...

I freaking kissed him again.

Joey immediately got up and stared at me, bewildered.

Cat: "I'm s-sorry."

Joey: "Cat..."

I started to cry. Why can't I just stop?

I hid my face with hands. I want to hide. I felt his hands on my chin and I took my hands out of my face to look at him.

I felt his soft lips on mine. Only for a minute, I felt happy, until he let go.

Joey: "I think it's better if I'm gone."

I nodded.

Cat: "It'd be better when you're gone.."

Joey: "Bye, Cat."

And he just walked out.

Leaving me crying on my couch.

Leaving me with Beta, staring at me.

Leaving me alone forever.

___________________________________________________________________

Short chapter, I know.. It was supposed to be fucking happy but, my mood was destroyed today .Isn't that fucking great? So many F-Bombs. I literally have a whole entire bed of tissues.I'll be okay, soon. 

But what pisses me off the most, is that he told me I was too FUCKING DEPRESSING for him. 

Yeah, I USED to be depressed.. USED TO. 

Well, bye..

*Walks out like Joey just now*

MAY THE ODDS BE EVER IN YOUR FAVOR! GOODBYE! :)

Question of the Day: Did you like this chapter?

PS- I've been listening to Luke Conard's "Better When You're Gone".