Chapter 42: Realization

A/N - I love Cat. I really do. So, I'll bring her back. I think most of you would love that. =P

[Joey's POV]

I stared at Cat, scared for life. She's still breathing which I don't understand. Where did I even shoot her?

Did I even kill her?

I bent down to her level because I was sitting on the bed.

Joey: "Cat?"

She groaned and her eyes opened. I immediately hugged her and let go.

Joey: "Cat, I'm sorry I-

Cat: "I realized that when you have a gun in your hand, you don't exactly aim right. " She smiled. "And I also realized...I shouldn't take you away from your true love. But do me one last favor."

Joey: "What?"

Cat: "One make-out session."

Joey: "Uh.."

Cat: "Just kidding. But, one last kiss?"

Joey: "I guess."

She slowly grabbed my neck and pulled me into a soft kiss. It lasted for quite a bit until I pulled away. I looked at the floor and then back at her. I realized I shot her in the shoulder.

Joey: "We should get you to a hospital."

Cat: "What if they ask you who shot me?" I stayed quiet.

Joey: "I'll think up something."

....

....

We arrived at the hospital minutes later because Cat was losing blood pretty fast.

Turns out, we weren't out of LA yet. We were just on the other side of it.

Cat was in the Intensive Care Unit. I was sitting outside, waiting. I decided to call Sawyer and actually explain.

One ring...Two rings... Three rings... Nothing. It goes to voicemail and I hang up.

An hour or so later, Two nurses and one doctor walk out of the room. They tell me that it's okay for me to enter the room.

I hesitantly enter and stare at Cat, who's currently sleeping. The doctor walks in and stares at me.

Doctor: "Do you know who shot at her?"

I nodded slowly.

Joey: "I-It was me. It was self-defense. Sh-"

Doctor: "It's fine. Can I check your blood? You look.." She quieted down at the end of her sentence.

I nodded slowly. She smiled and walked out. She returned minutes later with a semi-medium needle and a band-aid. She slowly injects the needle into my skin and I could see the blood. She takes the needle out of my skin and softly puts a band-aid on the area she punctured the needle in.

Doctor: "I'm going to take these in for a test. Stay here for at least 45 minutes."

Joey: "Okay." I say as I look over at Cat.

,The doctor hurriedly speeds out the room.

What has been going on in my hectic life? Why is this happening? (A/N: *Points at author -Me-*)

I call Sawyer again. He answers again and he stays silent. So do I.

This feels very awkward. I hear movement in the phone and then a soft voice. I hear Sawyer clear his throat.

Sawyer: "Yes, Joey?" He says, sounding tired.

Joey: "Turns out I shot her in the shoulder.." He sighs.