Chapter 28: Be Glad

[Sawyer's POV]

Joey has been fighting for hours, to get us out of this basement. He's even attempted to kill himself so I would go, but I just wouldn't let him do it. Joey never sleeped, he just mumbled curse words under his breath. Max's wife, Katie secretly fed us, but Joey refused to eat, afraid the food was poisoned. Of course, I didn't refuse and continued to eat what Katie fed us. For some reason, I trusted her and felt as if Joey was just being insecure.

I was still chained up on this chair that smelled like dead bodies. It startled me a bit.

Joey: "Sawyer?"

Sawyer: "Yeah, love?"

Joey: "I'm honestly done."

Sawyer: "Joey, stop. We'll go through this."

Joey stayed quiet. It's as if we switched bodies or something. I'm the positive one right now and he's not believing at all.

It's confusing, really.

I never realized how inconsiderate people could really be..

The door opened wide and a small light blinded my eyes.

"Wish we could see the Sun..." Joey whispered.

No, we haven't seen the sun in a while. I heard Max's voice and I lifted up my head.

Max: "Well, you guys aren't leaving any time soon."

Joey: "I'm not telling shit."

Max: "Well..." he took his phone out of his pocket and I heard his typing.

Joey: "You little fuck!"

Max: "Want me to fucking kill you?!"

Joey: "Hell, go right fucking ahead." I could feel the air getting tense. "I don't wanna live in a fucking hell hole with your damn abuse."

[Joey's POV]

I'm done. Dealing with this fuck is tiring. I honestly cannot do it anymore. I may be mentally unstable right now, thinking the only way was to die. I didn't care, I didn't give a single shit, I was just done.

Max returned with a gun and Katie. I looked to my side. The slashes on my waist were bleeding.

[Sawyer's POV]

How could this guy purchase a motherfucking gun? I shook my head.

America..

I saw Max point the gun to Joey's forehead. I shut my eyes, but then opened them when I heard the gunshot.

Sawyer: "JOEY!!!!!"

Silence.. Silence... Then I heard a THUMP! on the floor. I started to sob uncontrollably. My Joey, he's gone. I did no effort to save him, none at all, because I was chained in this motherfucking chair. I was so calm and collected. My motherfucking fault, I thought. I then heard a small voice..

"I'm still here, love."

My Joey, was still alive. He was alive..

Sawyer: "Joey!"

I just wanted to jump out of this chair and hug him and kiss him and cuddle with him

Joey: "Hey,"

Wait, but how was he still alive?

Joey: "...Katie?"

Katie: "Still here.." I could sense she was smiling. "I hated him..Forced me to have sex with him. He's a cruel, thirsty, motherfucker."

Joey : "Wait, what?"

I was beyond confused at this point.

Katie: "We aren't married, we got divorced a while ago, he just lived with me because nobody wanted his ass. I hated him. I'm sort of glad he gone, although, he was okay in the beginning. But, whatever. Anyway, seeing you guys get tortured was a 'No No' for me. I secretly watch your videos guys. Now, I don't have to hide that."

Sawyer: "Woah."

Katie: "Guess I'm not going to the Amazing Race this year."

She walked over to me and unchained me from the chair. I stood and I basically lost my balance. She then walked over to Joey and untied him from the bed. Joey swung his legs off the bed and stood up, also losing his balance. We haven't touched the base of the Earth in a while.

Joey: "Thanks, Katie."

Katie: "Hey, It's alright. Eff him. I gotta take you guys to the hospitals. You're in terrible condition."

Joey and I nodded.

Joey: "Didn't know you had a soul."

Katie: "Be glad I'm not a bitch."

Joey: "I'm thankful."

Katie led us up to the first floor which was bright and sunny. It was filled with joy, unlike the deathly basement. I squinted, for my eyes were still adjusting to the lights.

Katie: "I should've left the lights a bit dimmer."

Sawyer: "It's fine."

Katie: "You don't talk much than I expected, Sawyer."

Sawyer: "Obviously, I'm.astonished that I'm even out here alive. I'm just speechless."

Katie nodded and opened he front door

The smell of Los Angeles filled my senses and I smiled. Being cooped up in that basement really took reality away from me.

Joey: "Los Angeles.. Hello, my dear."

I smiled. Katie gestured for us to walk over to her car quickly before there was any suspicions.

We sat in the car and Katie ran inside to go and grab something. I carefully grabbed Joey's bruised cheeks and slammed my lips onto his. I bit his lip gently and let go.

Joey: "I missed you." He blushed. "I missed your lips too."

I smiled, glad that he felt the same way as me.

Sawyer: "I love you."

Joey: "I love you more."

Sawyer: "I'll love you for life."

Joey: "But I'll love you forever."

_______________________________________________________________________

I love how I create a teaser, make the scene look bad, and have the ACTUAL scene turn out great. =)

X) Now, I have an annoucement to make...

I..Out of all people....Am proud to say.. I'm close to 10K reads!!!!

WOOOOOOO! I love you guys, so, fucking, much!!!! <3 If I hit 10K I swear I'll post a special chapter.

Question Of The Day: What would you like to see on the special 10K chapter!?

MAY THE ODDS BE EVER IN YOUR FAVOR!!! GOOOOOOOODBYE! x)