Chapter 8: Hospitalised

[Meghan's POV]

Ingrid squealed, letting her squeal ring in our ears. But it wasn't the passing out that surprised most of us; it's that he said "Joey" right before. I heard somewhere that when you pass out, you say who you truly care for and love. I'm guessing it's Joey from the looks of it. It's cute, actually.

The nurse busted in, yelling for a doctor to carry Sawyer out. We all stand in the room, not knowing what to do.

"Anyone heard what Sawyer said before he passed out?" Luke finally says. We all nod, agreeing to the small name that was spoken out of the boy's mouth.

"He loves Joey, okay? That's why he freaked." Shane says. We all look over at him, then the door opens. A girl walks in.

"Where's Sawyer?" She asks, sounding like she was his parent. I squint my eyes at her.

"Who are you?" I ask her. She rolls her eyes.

"Kim." Kim sounded familiar. Cat looks over at Kim, scoffing. She looks away, then looks back at her with light pink cheeks.

"I know you! You're Sawyer's ex!"

"Yeah, where is he?"

"None of your business." The nurse walks in.

"Sawyer's room is room 531. You may go ahead and visit him if you'd like." She states.

Cat slaps her hand onto her forehead. Kim smirks then struts out as if she's the queen of the world. We follow her. We walk into Sawyer's room. Sawyer was looking out the window. He doesn't pay much attention to us.

"Sorry. For what I did back there." He apologizes, continuing to stare out the bland window. We all say that it's okay and that he's under some pressure of worrying about Joey. We all are, but since he's his roommate, I guess they are much closer than we are to him.

"Aw, it's alright, Soy-Sauce." She kisses Sawyer's cheek and he lightly pushes her away. Kim growls, pushing her way out of the room. I guess she's mad that she's not getting what she wants.

"Is Joey awake?" He asks. We all disagree sadly and he sighs. He looks over at us and rubs his eye.

After such a long, ugly, silence, Shane leaves the room. I follow him.

"Shane!" I call. "Shane!" He just kept walking. When he looked back though, I could see tears in his eyes. I ran as fast as I could. I grab his shoulder once I'm caught up. He stops immediately.

"What?" He says, turning around but not looking at me. He sighs.

"Talk to me." Reluctantly, he nods. We both sit down in a waiting room nearby.

"I hate it." He says simply. He looks away, as if his whole life has been stopped just for that one boy.

"Hate what?"

"Their relationship."

"You can't break them apart. It's obvious that they love each other already." He sniffles. "I'm sorry, Shane." He nods wiping away another tear.

"I just can't even explain my desire to have him with me." He lays his head on my shoulder and just starts bawling. I try calming him down, which makes him the least bit quiet with the exception of the small sniffles and the fallen tears that now lay on my lap.

*A Week Later*

[Sawyer's POV]

I get up from the white hospital bed. Joey and I are both in a hospital. It sucks. Joey still hasn't woken up. The doctors say he might wake up today. I'm beyond excited and can't wait to see those beautiful flashing eyes of his. I slip on hospital socks and walk to Joey's room. Meghan snores on the couch in Joey's room. Gingerly, I shut the door. I sit next to Joey. He groans and inside, I'm now bouncing with immense joy.