Chapter 45: Coming Out

Suggestion: Listen to "Awake" by Secondhand Serenade

[Joey's POV]

I stare blankly at Sawyer, who is still apparently sleeping. I turn and grab my phone. I turn it on and look at the time.

9:34 A.M

I sigh. I look at Sawyer one last time before picking myself off the bed. I get up, feeling rather sticky.

Oh yeah, I think to myself as I remember yesterday's fun event.

Smiling, I walk over to the bathroom to take a shower and brush my teeth.

...

...

I sit on the tan stool, quietly eating my egg sandwich and at times drinking my smoothie.

Sawyer hasn't woken up yet, so I'm practically alone. When I'm alone, I like to think. Well, sometimes.

I start to think about coming out to fans. How would Sawyer and I do that?

First off, I don't want to just sit on a chair, have semi-depressing music or something, and straight out say it.

I want it to be...fun.

I take a bite out of my sandwich and I immediately get an idea.

A music video.

We could cuddle and kiss and the viewers could easily figure it out.

Fangirling, I scarf down my sandwich, leaving my smoothie halfway. I rush up the stairs and jump on Sawyer, trying to wake him up. He groans.

"Sawyer!!" I yelp excitedly.

He groans again. I bounce on him.

"Sawyerrrrr!" I say again.

He shakes his head and rotates. I shake him.

"Baby," I frown "Wake uuup."

He groans and his eyes open. He stares at me, confused, then kisses me on the cheek.

"Yes..?" He asks, rubbing one eye and propping up on one arm.

"I have to talk to you about coming out."

"And you're excited, why?"

"Because it's a #cray idea!" I exclaim.

"Why...?"

"Come downstairs amd I'll tell you." I say as I hop off of him and rush downstairs.

Minutes later, Sawyer walks down the stairs and stares at me like an idiot.

"Alright, love. What's in your mind?"

"So, I was eating my egg sandwich and I was thinking 'How do Sawyer and I come out?' And, I got it! A music video!"

I smile.

"What would the song be..?" He asked and I shrug. "I think it should be something that indicates..us."

I nod.

"How about a song by Secondhand Serenade?" He suggests.

"I never heard of them." I say, partially confused. Sawyer gasps and drags me to the computer room immediately.

He sits down on his chair. He pats his lap and I sit on his lap. He turns his iMac on and goes on YouTube. He searches 'Secondhand Serenade' and clicks on a song called "Awake".

Suddenly, I hear a guitar strumming. I snuggle closer into Sawyer and the let the lyrics sink in

.