[Twenty-Nine]

Chris turned off the engine of his car after pulling into the driveway, noticing the curtains in the living room's window pulled shut. He ran a hand through his hair and sighed, resting his forehead against the steering wheel. He came home later than he said he'd be, and he knew Ricky was mad.

He got out of the car and locked the doors, then went to the front door and pushed it open. "Baby! Baby Doll, I'm home!"

Ricky didn't reply. He was in the bedroom, swaddled up in his blankie with Dexter on his lap. He heard Chris, simply turning up the volume on the television.

"Ricky, Baby, my sweetheart," Chris started as he stepped into the room, only to receive a glare from a pair of pretty blue eyes. "I know. Let me ex-"

"You're late. By an hour and a fucking half." Ricky muttered. He lightly pet Dexter, avoiding Chris' gaze. "Y'know, tonight was supposed to be date night. I'll just be about twenty minutes, Baby, no worries." He mimicked. What were you doing?" He asked quietly, trying his hardest not to look at his partner.

"I-I... Ricky, I can't..."

"Can't what? Be home on time to go out with me? I'm not demanding you take off work, but I've been looking forward to date night for the past two weeks! You said we'd go out, an-and have fun, and we could come home and-"

"I'm sorry!" Chris groaned, taking off his jacket and laying it on the dresser. "I got caught up in my work. I've been stressed too, Rick."

"I never said you weren't, Babe, but you could have told me you wouldn't be home on time before making me get dressed, and spend my time to make myself look nice."

It was now that Chris noticed Ricky was still in his date clothes. A pair of suede creepers were on his feet, skinny jeans hugging his legs, with a black Pride tank top. A black cardigan covered his arms, which were crossed over his chest. His makeup was done well, his eyes resembling that of a raccoon and his lips coated with a black lipstick and pulled into a frown. He looked both angry and hurt, and it broke Chris' heart to see him that way.

"Ricky, do you really want to know what I was working on?" He asked, going over to him and taking a seat on the mattress. "I-I... I was writing my vows. My vows to you, as a lover, as a man, and as a husband. I guess I got carried away, and didn't realize what time it was when I finished. I'm so sorry, Doll. I swear, we'll go out tomorrow afternoon for lunch. I'll make it up to you,"

Ricky's shoulders dropped slightly. "Your vows..? Chris, the wedding isn't for another two weeks, why are you-"

"There's so much that needs to be said to you. I need to pour my heart into these vows, Ricky, an-and they're just as important to me as they are to you." Chris placed a gentle kiss onto his fiancée's hand, letting his lips linger.

Ricky's eyes watered a tad, and he sat up. He wrapped his arms around Chris and held him close, nodding. "I'm sorry I got angry with you, Baby... I just-" he paused, setting a hand on the back of Chris' head, "A-Are you crying..?"

He didn't reply. All the stress of wedding planning, the vows, work and juggling being a caregiver had finally crashed down on him, leaving him crushed beneath the weight. His brown eyes leaked tears onto Ricky's cardigan, breathing shaky. "I-I'm sorry I ruined our plans, Baby Doll, I'm so sorry."

"Oh, Chris, it's alright, sh-shhhh," Ricky soothed, closing his eyes while Chris hugged him close. "I love you more than anything, you know that? You mean the world to me, and I'm sorry that you're so stressed. I-I'll come to work with you tomorrow, okay? I'll help you get some stuff done."

Chris nodded, his eyes shut. "Thank you, Sweetheart. I love you more." He whispered.

Ricky smiled softly, relaxing in Chris' hold. "I think you need some tea. Let me take care of you, okay? My man doesn't need to be upset."

"I'm okay-"

"Chris, I know you. You don't stop until things push you over the edge. Please, for me, let me take care of you." He insisted, pulling away to kiss his forehead. "Who's my big, strong man, hm?"

Chris rolled his eyes, "I am. I'm the big, strong man."

"That's right. Come, tea and... How about some honeydew? I cut some up for you today,"

"You're the best, Baby Boy." Chris chuckled, sniffling a little. He wiped his eyes and kissed Ricky's lips, then rested their foreheads together. "I love you."

"And I love you. I'm sorry for getting upset, okay? How about we just forget about it. Let's go have some tea and fruit," Ricky smiled, getting up and taking Chris' hand in his own before leading him downstairs and into the kitchen.

Tiny's tank was in the living room, on the coffee table. His leg was healing nicely, though he still didn't have a forever home yet. Ricky hoped someone would take him soon, so he doesn't get too attached.

As he opened the fridge, he felt Chris' arms wrap around his waist from behind and blushed. "You're quite snuggly tonight,"

Chris shrugged, kissing the top of his head. "I'm always snugglin'. I just... Want some extra love tonight."

"If it's ass you want, you'll have to wait until tomorrow. I'm not really up for getting dicked down tonight." He replied.

Chris' eyebrows raised slightly. "You've been cursing up a storm tonight, haven't you? I'll have to deal with it tomorrow, hmm?"

"Guess so."

Ricky grabbed the container of fruit and set it on the table, then pulled away from Chris so he could start on the tea. Dexter had heard the fridges close and came downstairs as well, hopping onto the counter in search org food.

Ricky giggled at him and kissed his tiny nose. "No, Dex, you already had your dinner tonight, silly kitty. Maybe go ask Daddy, and you can try some melon,"

Chris waved his fingers around to attract the cat, then allowed it onto the table so he could give it some melon. He broke off a small chunk and held it out for Dexter, tilting his head as the cat took it. "Yes? No?"

Dexter looked confused at the texture, but quickly gobbled down the piece. He meowed at his owner, sitting down and staring at him as if saying "I'm waiting."

Chris continued to give the cat some of the honeydew as Ricky made the tea. Once the tea was made, Chris placed Dexter on the floor and took a mug from Ricky.

"Some milk and a spoonful of sugar. Just how my baby likes it," Ricky purred, placing a kiss to Chris' cheek before sitting down beside him.

Chris wrapped his arm around him, bringing him close as he drank. "You're too good for this world. Just letting you know."

He giggled and rolled his eyes, I'm only good to the ones I love. And I love you, Chris, more than anything in the world. Hell, you are my world, Baby."

"And you're mine."

---
Here's an update for you lovely readers! Thank you for keeping up with the story and leaving comments thus far. Now then, here's a chance for you to leave some suggestions!

So, I'd like to write two chapters with different events before we get to the wedding. However, I want to hear your ideas. So, comment what you'd like to see. I'll pick two people, and work on the chapters as I'm able to.

-Ricky