[Twenty-Two]

Ricky was first to wake up the next morning, his baby blue eyes glancing around the room for a few moments. They stopped on his sleeping fiancé, looking him up and down. Ricky set a hand on his cheek, giggling at the little twitch he made. "Daddyyy," He sang, kissing his forehead. "Wake uuuup~"

Chris groaned and rolled into his stomach, shaking his head. His bare back was facing the ceiling, black blanket over his hips. "Nooo,"

"Daddy, the bunny! We've gotta take him to the vet!" Ricky smiled, crawling into Chris' back. He massaged his shoulders gently, "Daddyyy!"

Chris melted into the touch, sighing softly. "Alright, alright. Lemme get some coffee started, then we'll take a shower together. Sound good?"

Ricky nodded and giggled, rolling off of Chris. He gasped when the taller crawled on top of him, kissing his cheeks. "G-Gah! Daddy!"

Chris grinned and pressed their lips together. "Morning,"

"Morning!"

Chris stroked his cheek before getting out of bed and leaving the room, a pair of boxers being the only thing he was wearing. Ricky followed, wearing Chris' shirt from the previous night and a pair of panties. He scampered after his lover, then took his hand as they went down the stairs.

Chris kissed his knuckles, leading the way to the kitchen. Ricky sat down at the table and waited for his breakfast, but not before kissing Chris' cheek.

Chris grabbed a bowl and spoon, setting them in front of Ricky. He then grabbed the box of Lucky Charms from the cupboard, pouring some into the bowl. After the cereal, Chris added in some milk and Ricky began to eat.

Chris started up his coffee, then grabbed the honeydew from the fridge. He preferred fruit in the morning, simply because he didn't like most breakfast foods.

The pair ate together quietly, the tank containing the bunny sitting on the counter. Once Ricky finished eating and put his dishes in the sink, he went over to it and lifted the bunny. "Hi, Tiny," he whispered, petting the pretty creature. "We're gonna get your leg fixed up, promise. Daddy, do we have any celery? Maybe he'll eat it."

"Why not carr-"

"Dada, bunnies don't eat carrots in the wild. Guinea pigs like them, but bunnies don't. Celery is what this guy wants." He explained matter-of-factly.

Chris nodded and went to the refrigerator, grabbing the bag of celery. He broke off a piece, then handed it to Ricky. "Here, Sweetie,"

Ricky took the small piece of celery and held it to the rabbit's mouth, giggling as he nibbled it. "Awww! Bunny!" He squeaked, petting his ears. "Can we keep him, Daddy?"

"Baby... We have two cats already, and you know that we get busy a lot..." Chris sighed, knowing this was letting Ricky down. "We'll find him a nice home, though, and foster him until he's adopted."

Ricky pouted, but agreed nonetheless. "Okay, Daddy. Now c'mon! We gotta take him to the vet!"

🍼🍼🍼

"And you two found him under your porch?" The veterinarian asked, injecting the rabbit with a shot to make him fall asleep. He placed a tiny tube in his mouth, giving him oxygen.

"Yeah, my cat was chasing him. She didn't get him, since I grabbed her before she could, but the bunny was hurt before he got to her." Chris explained, Ricky watching the bunny sleeping in fascination.

"Well, we did an x-ray. Little guy just has a broken leg, nothing a cast won't fix. Would you like to give him the vaccinations he needs?" She asked, her light brown hair being pulled into a ponytail. The vet was very pretty, brown eyes, good facial structure and a nose piercing. On her shirt laid a tag reading 'Jaime'.