Chapter 68

'We have a party to attend' Sanyukta finally said. Those weren't the words Randhir was expecting. Both looked straight into each other's deep eyes : one bowed down with a guilt and regret while other pleadingly restless. Her eyes want to say more than her words. 'I have no intentions to attend party' Randhir replied firmly. Sanyukta flinched a little because she interpret Randhir is bossing her around. Sanyukta can't afford to lose her cool. She answered calmly 'See Randhir. Veer invited you. If I am not wrong you are CEO of the company. Had you not been in Bangalore, situation would be different. If you don't make it to the party, I don't know about other staff members but Veer will definitely feel bad. I think you should go' Randhir found Sanyukta's reasoning logical. 'Yeah. I should go. You know what, I will go to the party if you fulfill my two conditions' Randhir played his card well. Sanyukta asked him 'Well, what's that?' 'First, you will be my plus one for the party and I am not taking no for an answer. Second, after returning, you will answer my all questions without hesitation because there is so much going in my mind. What do you say, Ms. Aggrawal?' Sanyukta had a hard time to decide. At the end of the day, she will reveal her darkest secret to the Randhir. Whatever happens no matter how they happen would eventually be a good for all. So, she gave an approval nod with a questionable look.

'But what about this?' Sanyukta looked around at the backless dress. Randhir thought for a while and came with an idea 'Wait. I have a solution' Saying so, Randhir opened the wardrobe, took out the luggage and placed on the bed. Sanyukta stared at him cluelessly. He finally took out the plain black kashmiri shawl which his mother placed in his bag forcefully. Randhir asked Sanyukta to turn around back facing him. She disagreed to do so. Randhir ended up giving a cute puppy face, insisting her to do as he say. She finally gave up. Randhir perfectly wrapped in the shawl, covering her bare back properly. Randhir ensured not a single mark should be seen. He asked to stand and have a look. Although it was old school fashion style, Sanyukta looked graceful. She smiled looking at him while he self pat himself, making her smile even more at his stupidity. They were all set to go.

As they entered the venue, Veer greeted them at the entrance and guided them inside. In no moments, they became everyone's heartthrob. Few of his business associates and clients compliment Randhir for his gracefully beautiful wife. Sigh! Their mouths were wide opened when they learnt Randhir is still single and Sanyukta is just his employee. The ladies appreciated the way Sanyukta carried herself. They were so much of gossip happening all over when our host - Veer broke in with the microphone 'Guys. Guys. Guys. I know you guys have so many hot topics to discuss' Veer winked and everyone around chuckled at his statement. Veer continued 'Okay. That's really not what I mean' Nearly everyone gave 'oh-come-on-we-know-what-you-meant' look. Veer added 'The first important topic for today's eve is, We at Oberoi Industries have successfully accomplished our targets for the current quarter and met 57% profit. It was possible through everyone's constant efforts. It paid off really well. Let's applaud for our own self who deserved to be appreciated' The applauds echoed the room. Veer continued 'As second important. Umm. We all know KS Industries has collaborated with Oberoi Industries 6 months ago. We all know Randhir Singh Shekhawat is our new CEO who is single-handedly handling this growing multinational company. We consider ourselves lucky to have you here on such an awesome day. Let's welcome him on board' Everyone looked towards Randhir who stood besides Sanyukta and gave him a loud applause. As Randhir gestured everyone a thank you, Sanyukta looked towards him and felt pride.

Author's Note : 

As said, every beautiful thing come to an end. Probably I am the only one wishing you so late on eve of Friendship day. I would thank you all to be a part of me in this virtual world. Stay away from stress and enjoy your life! I hope you all had a great day. Stay tuned for upcoming chapters. Good night fellas