Chapter 31

Parth landed her on his bed and searched for his cell phone. Finally, he found his phone beneath the blanket and scanned through the contact list to find the doctor's number when he glanced the first name of his contact list, that spelled Antara. Those profound and comfy moments with her just haunted him at this hour of the day. Thanks to Randhir's palm resting over his shoulder, it brought him back to the reality. 'Bhai, all good?' Randhir questioned and Parth immediately looked at him rather than the phone screen. 'Vo actually Doctor ka number nahi hai mere pass. Tere pass hai kya?' Parth enquired. Randhir gave a denial nod and thought 'Shit! How can I forget to take the number?' Parth took few minutes to absorb in his emotions and brought back firm look. Finally, he dialled Antara's number against his will. After few rings, she picked the call and replied 'Kya baat hai! Aaj ka din mera bahut hi acha jaayega, tumne jo call kiya. By the way, good morning Parth' 'Good morning, Dr. Antara Bhuvan Goenka. I called you against my will.I intend to get the contact number of Dr. Pravin Mittal, who is incharge of Vidushi's medical care. So, will you please message his number?' Parth spoke to her in a professional manner. 'Well, Mr. Parth Vardhan Kashyap. I would like to inform that Dr. Pravin Mittal left for his conference early this morning. So, if you don't mind, would you let me know what's the matter all about?' Antara backfired him in the professional tone. Gulping his throat's apple, he spoke 'She ran unconscious. Send a doctor and an attendant as soon as possible' 'Okay. they will reach an hour or so. Just stay at home. Bye Parth!' She disconnected the line and he took a sigh of relief, spoke 'Phew! Yeh alag hi musibat hai.' 'Haan, woh toh hai. Abhi bhi aap ke saath flirt karti hai, married hone baavajoot.' Randhir overheard his statement and added his opinions to it.  

Sanyukta sneaked in Parth's room and ask for permission' Can I come in, Sir?' Parth taunted her 'Yeh office nahi hai jo tum permission maang rahi ho' while Randhir replied 'No, you may not!', making Sanyukta more confused. Parth gave Randhir big brother look and duo said in union 'Come in, Sanyukta!' While PaRan was fidgeting with their cell phone, Sanyukta simply looked at motionless Vidushi out of boredom. After few minutes, Randhir sensed the presence of awkwardly mundane environment in the room and shifted his focus on Sanyukta who was looking at Vidushi, with the hope she would get up and her presence would lighten up the situation. Out of nowhere, Randhir recollected his late conversation with himself and thought 'Acha mauka hai. Parth is busy on his cell phone. I see the boredom all over her face. I take her out of the room. Maybe to the other room, where no one could disturb us. And I interrogate her life' He stood up and walked towards Sanyukta, whispered 'Can I talk to you for a second?' She gave an approval nod, inviting another question from Randhir 'Can we go out of the room, please?' She replied 'Affirmative!' Randhir guided her to the another room, few feet away from Parth's room. He asked Sanyukta to feel comfortable while he latched the room. She sat on the cozy spring mattress resting on the bed frame while Randhir settled himself on the chair.