Chapter 32

Randhir first offered her water. She began to drink the water when Randhir uttered his first question 'Who is this Aryan?' Hearing his name and figuring out it's Randhir's query, Sanyukta puked out half drank water which just hit her throat level. 'Randhir, yeh kya puch rahe ho tum?' Sanyukta spoke. Not that lucky enough, the water spilled on his shirt. Randhir called out her name aloud 'Sanyukta!' while blowing the spilled water off his shirt by action of his fingers. 'I am sorry' Sanyukta apologized, to which he involuntarily replied 'That's fine. Now! Answer my question. Yeh Aryan kaun hai aur tumhara kya lagta hai? Vo namuna mujhe bahut weird lag raha hai.' Randhir continued his questionnaire, leaving his semi-wet shirt as it is.

Randhir made his first attempt coldly 'Mein ne tumse kuch pucha hai Sanyukta. Uska jawab do. Muh mat bandh rakho.' Sanyukta prefered to stay mum but her silence provoked Randhir to yell at her, and so he did. 'Pahele tumne mere shirt pe paani giraya. Ab tumne mon vrat dhaaran kar rakha hai. Kab se tumhe kuch puch raha hu. Ab tum bataaogi, yeh Aryan kaun hai aur tumhara kya lagta hai' The words full of his temperament send her shivers. The moment Randhir stood up, she lowered her head and answered 'He was my good friend.' Emphasizing on the word 'Good friend', he raised his brow and questioned 'Good friend kab se ek dusre ko kidnap karne ko shuru kar diya?' Sanyukta explained 'I said, he was (gave more weight to the word-was)' Randhir kneeled in front of her, folded his arms across her lap and convinced her 'Okay, Sanyukta. Trust me! Confide yourself within me and I assure you, you would never be in trouble again because of anyone, not even Aryan. Just be frank and honest with me. Will you?' She gave a nod of approval, to which Randhir continued further 'For that, you have to speak out everything related to you and Aryan. Every detail! You need trust me as a friend. Just so you know, I am not the person who judge you on basis of the bond that you share with any guy. I am not the person to issue your character certificates based on any accusations' Sanyukta couldn't hold back those tears : those tears that just slipped out of her eyes after learning Randhir's genuineness to help her out in order to get rid of Aryan from her life. She ended up throwing herself towards Randhir after matching his level. She encircled her arms around his neck and locked them tight, sobbed for a while. His reflex replicated her actions quickly : he hold her close and tight, giving her more strength and sniffed her almond flavored silky hairs. His fingers caressed along the length of her hair and whispered near her ears 'Kneeling hurts. Damn! Bed pe baith jaayein?' He sensed Sanyukta giving a nod of approval. Both settled besides each other on the bed. He took her palms between his palms and asked 'Bolo Sanyukta. Sab bataao mujhe.'

She took a deep breath and narrated Aryan-katha 'Mein ne 2.5 years pahele Oberoi Industries join kiya. Aryan pahele se hi udhar kaam karta tha. First week me humari friendship huyi. 3 ya 4 mahine ke baad, ek din Aryan ne poore office samane mujhe propose kiya jab Viraj sir Cape Town gaye the. Mein ne Aryan ko kabhi bhi us nazar se nahi dekha. I never consider him as my boyfriend. So, mein ne sab ke samaane khudki aur uski izzat bachane ke liye bola, I need time to think. He accepted my answer that time and let me have my space. Tab se leke ab tak mein sirf uski request ignore karte aayi hu. Har baar vo puchta har baar mein ne yeh hi bola, I need time. Lekin last 3 mahine se yeh sab jyada ho raha tha. Aryan koi na koi bahana bana ke mere saath time spend karna chahta hai. Kuch dino pahele hi usse mein ne bol diya, I am not interested in taking this relation to another level. Let's just be friends. But vo kuch jyada hi possessive ho raha hai, especially jab se aap aur Parth sir ne Oberio Industies ke saath collaborate kiya hai. Voh The Sassy Spoon ka incident yaad hai jab Aryan ne aapka haath injure kiya tha. Tab se mujhe aisa lag raha hai, he feels insecure when I am with you, pata nahi kyun. And ussi din jab udhar jaane ke pahele jab aapne mujhe lift ke pass rukne bola tha, Aryan ne mujhe threaten kiya and asked me to be away from you' All that Randhir could say while interrupting her was 'What! What the hell.'