Chapter 52

Vidushi finally reached the terrace garden of the corporate building. She saw back faced V shaped muscular built back leaning towards the one of the edge of the terrace garden, whilst he is enjoying the wind hitting his face with closed eyes. 'Parth!' Vidushi called him. 'Bolo' Parth reverted. 'Voh tumhari mom tumhara favorite chicken biryani banake laayi thi. Tum aise chale aaye idhar, bina khaaye. Unhe bura laga hoga' Vidushi replied. 'Tumhe koi matlab nahi hona chahiye, kisko bura lage kisko hurt ho yaa kuch aur.' Parth turned around, leaning his body against the edge with his arms folded against his toned chest. 'Why are you so rebellious?' Vidushi asked. Parth threw a deathly glare. 'Chalo! Khaana khaa lo. Mein jaake dekhti hu canteen me bacha hai ki nahi' Saying so, Vidushi turned around to leave. 'Tumne Ab tak khaana nahi khaya.' Parth exclaimed with a concern. Turning away, Vidushi held back her emotions and replied 'Nahi khaaya. Bhook nahi lagi hai. Tum khaa lo varna tumhari mom ko bura lagega' She hurriedly left the place. For the first time, watching Vidushi's retreating figure made his heart void. 

After few days, Sanyukta waited outside the advocate's cabin. She revived the scene of her forceful marriage when she signed marriage certificate. Few minutes later, the assistant asked her to go inside. She took a seat in front of the advocate reading his name plate : Pratham Sinha LL.B, LL.M, JSD while he was engrossed in some papers of the prior client. Sanyukta gulped as she had no idea what's she is going to speak. She knew, one mistake and she will be again trashed by her husband - Aryan Harshwal. Pratham completed his work and got back to Sanyukta 'Yes, Mrs. Harshwal. How can I help you with? Is Aryan fine?' After a long silence, Partham questioned himself 'Did I ask her anything wrong?' Getting back to Sanyukta, Pratham calmly brought her back to reality by offering her water, which she denied respectfully. 'What bring you here?' Pratham enquires her. 'I want to know the process for my marriage annulment' Sanyukta finally spoke up. Pratham was shocked by her statement. He called in his assistant and asked him to get Sanyukta and Aryan's marriage documents. After reading the file which took half an hour, Pratham spoke 'See Sanyukta, I don't know what's happening between you guys. This marriage can not be declared as null and void. It's next to impossible.' Sanyukta raised question 'On what grounds are you saying this? I need to have a clear picture. I want set myself free from Aryan, that's why I approached you' Pratham pacified Sanyukta and explained her 'Sanyukta you need to relax. First thing first, when you guys were getting married, none of you were married with third person or having an affair with third person. Moreover, your family and his family were present in front of me during your marriage registration process. So, this rules out two grounds of annulling this marriage : one either spouse was already married with someone else at the time of the marriage and other consent of the marriage was based on fraud or force. Moreover, Aryan has added a clause in this marriage agreement : you and Aryan are restricted from seeking any prostitute, escort or have any external affair. As far as I know, the medical certificates attached nowhere states any of you are drug addict, held an criminal record or possess sexually disease. Again, it rules out concealment rule and second rule stating any of spouse was under influence of alcohol or drugs.'

'What if I prove Aryan is having an affair now?' Sanyukta interrupted. 'Prove it then.' Pratham clasped his fingers and leaned forward on his table, adding  'According to me, I don't think he has an affair with someone else. Otherwise he won't have added the restrictive clause. You getting what I am saying, Sanyukta.' Sanyukta sighed and Pratham continued 'At the time of the marriage, you both were 25 plus. Quite a marriageable age. Another rule thrashed which states either spouse was too young to be married or too young without required court or parental consent. Neither of you both are cousins nor physically incompetent. That scraps out last two rules of annulment'

PS. I am suffering from writer's block terribly. So updates would be irregular.  I might need your motivation to recover from  it soon. All that you need to do is shower tons of likes and comments. :)