Chapter 07

Packing her stuffs in her tote, she made a way towards the lift until a manly force pulled her in the corner. She jerked Aryan away 'Are you crazy?' 'Yes, I am. Crazy for you.' Aryan flirted with Sanyukta. 'Disgusting, Aryan. Hato ab. Mera rasta chodo. Mujhe ghar jaana hai' She repelled him. Aryan gripped her forearm tight enough to indicate, he is never going to let her go away from him and added 'Kal tak agar tumhe khud ko mere se commit nahi kara toh dekhti jaana, mein kya kya karta hu tumhara. You got 24 hours, Ms. Aggrawal. Think wisely.' He jerked away her forearm and she could see darkness in his eyes. She sensed, the peacefulness of her life will be gonna soon. It send her shivers down her spine. 'Ab jaao, tumhare Sir tumhara wait kar rahe hai' Aryan smirked.

Taking a step or two, she thought of something and turned back. Aryan raised a question 'So, you decided?' 'Yup, Aryan. I already answered this question when you deliberately embarassed in front of the office. I think you forgot my answer. We are just good friends. But, I think you want to call off our friendship as well. I am least interested in you. Last thing. I ain't scared of your blank threats.' She answered his threat with a confidence, maybe she was willing to risk everything. Randhir approached, at that instance 'Sanyukta, kab se wait kar raha hu tumhara lift ke paas? Aryan, will you excuse us?' He lend his hand to Sanyukta, like a gentleman and walked by Aryan, fuming in anger. Reaching downstairs, she started to walk towards gate, to get cab or autorickshaw. 'Sanyukta, come. I will drop you.' Randhir spoke to hold her back as his driver halt his blue BMW Gran Turismo. 'No Sir, thanks. Mein chali jaaungi.' She replied back. 'Now that you called Sir, it's my order to make yourself comfortable in my car.' He faked his bossy tone. Hesitantly, she stepped in the backseat of his air-conditioned car besides Randhir. 'Driver, take us to the Sassy Spoon.' He commanded. 'Sir, mein udhar nahi rehti hu.' Sanyukta tried to clear his misunderstanding. 'Acha hua tumne bataya diya. Mujhe laga tum restaurant me rehti ho' He faked a taunt to her. Before she could address the driver, Randhir interrupted 'Pata hai mujhe. Tumne subah se kuch nahi khaya hai naa, after your breakfast maybe. Isliye mein tumne restaurant le jaa raha hu. We have something to munch in, later I will drop to your place.' First time with a stranger, she found her comfort zone.

They entered the restaurant, he grabbed a seat & asked her to have a seat while she was all confused with his split personality. He took a chair across her and settled himself. Sanyukta felt a bit awkward at such a cozy and casual atmosphere of the restaurant, which she has never visited until this moment of her life. The waiter got the menu card & Randhir asked for a moment to decide. Giving away the menu card, the waiter left. Sanyukta was shocked to the cost of the dishes, maybe Randhir was able to read her facial expressions. 'Don't worry, Sanyukta. This treat is on me. Just order whatever you like' She was still scanning for the most cheap dish on the menu while Randhir called the waiter to order 'Excuse me, can you take our order?' Listening the word 'our', Sanyukta looked directly at Randhir. 'Sure sir', the waiter took out the notepad & pen to jot it down as Randhir ordered 'Could you get us one Bruschetta of Smoked Eggplant, Chickpeas & Fried Onions and one pan seared chicken in a mustard cream? Also add one crumbed cottage cheese poi.' 'Sure sir, It will be here in 20 minutes. Would you like to have cocktails or mocktails?' The waiter offered them. 'Send one Rosemary Blueberry Smash & one Champagne cocktail, at earliest' Jotting it down, the waiter left. 'Aapko pata hai itna bill bana? 2500 inr. Aur itna sab kyu order kiya aap ne, sir? Voh bhi do log me. Kya hum itna saara khaa payenge?' Randhir gave a you-really-need-to-chill-dear look. Sanyukta's face drained out to find someone entering the restaurant.