Chapter 3--Let's Pretend My Tears Are Raindrops

If you haven't read this yet, make sure you start with the prologue. I appreciate all support for my writing and i love, love, LOVE you guys for it!!!!! Make sure you don't forget to comment and vote and fan and MOST IMPORTANTLY, ENJOY :D :D!!

by the way, to the right is a picture of how i think derek looks. His eyes are brown, though and his hair might be a little different. The guy in the picture is actually Drew Garrett. He's a character on the Soap Opera called General Hospital. I don't watch it, my mom does. But I'm sort of guilty of watching One Life To Live. I just love that show!! (don't laught, it's true!!)

Happy Summer, everybody!! (Yay, it's finally here!!)

--Kayce♥♥

Chapter 3-Pass the taters, eh?

On our way to Michigan we drove through Wyoming, South Dakota, Minnesota, and Wisconsin. Wyoming was surprisingly a lot different than Utah, for a next-door-neighbor. Instead of cliffs all over, it had mountains and cliffs and stuff like that. Lots of lakes, too. Overall, it was more lively. Then when we went through South Dakota everything was flat. I hated it so much. It was just a giant desert that stretched on for miles and miles. Then there was Minnesota. Not completely horrible. There was a little snow on the ground. There was lots of industrial stuff going on there, though, and I was willing to bet that most the people that spent their whole life there were probably going to get cancer somewhere down the road. Between Minnesota and Wisconsin we stopped and slept over at a hotel. In the morning we got back on the road bright and early and stopped for breakfast at McDonalds. My favorite state we passed was surprisingly Wisconsin. Everything was full of farms and it seemed like everyone was nice because when I stopped to pee some guy held the door for me and said, "Here you go, ma'am." We were in the northern part of the state. My dad said that it wasn't so nice in the southern parts since that's where all those big cities were. But still, why couldn't we live there... or some place other than Michigan?

The mapquest directions were pretty straight-forward and I took the right turns and roads. Cassie was riding shotgun and had the radio blasting the whole way there. She was in love with rap and punk types of music. Not that there was anything wrong with it, but when you were trying to drive it could be sort of distracting.

When I crossed the bridge from Wisconsin to the UP I felt mixed emotions. I felt happy that I was finally there, but sad at what I was leaving behind. Utah had never been where I wanted to live for the rest of my life, but when I thought of moving I always thought Vermont or Maine. Not a state where people said "eh?" after every sentence.

Apparently dad had found our house on the internet. He told me it was a bit fixer-upper and would take some time. It was a four-bedroom, two-bathroom, ranch house with an old fire place and twenty acres of land.

When I pulled in the driveway dad's "bit of a fixer-upper" turned into a "massively-huge-helluva-fixer-upper."

I stepped out of the car and stared up at the house. It didn't look absolutely horrible, but it really didn't look so hot either. The whole house was a really ugly puke-green color and I was hoping that mom was going to paint it. If she didn't, I was. The shutters were orange and the colors clashed together. It was like mixing yellow and purple together to get the most hideous thing ever. There was a little wrap-around-porch that really had potential to look cute. Obviously it was a hick-house.

Cassie dashed out of the car and ran into the house. I walked slowly up the stairs and went in the front door.

It was really spacious. When you walked in you were immediately in this humungous living room with a stone fireplace and large windows. There was old wood flooring and when you walked it creaked. Dad would have to fix that. Cassie grabbed my arm and dragged me into the kitchen which was wide open to the living room and had linoleum flooring. There was already a stove and refrigerator. The counter tops were old and worn and had ringed coffee stains on them. They looked like they'd used to be a brighter yellow, but now they were worn and ugly. There was a door in the left corner of the kitchen which took us into the dining room. Whoever moved out of the place left the table behind, but I would've done the same thing considering the crappy shape it was in.