Chapter 33--Let's Pretend My Tears Are Raindrops

Alright, back to Sam and Derek! Much happier, right?

Let me know what you think and I especially want to know how you guys are reacting to their relationship!! Thankkkkssssss!!

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Chapter 33

      Coming across like I was trying too hard wasn’t good for the first “date,” but I also didn’t want him to think that I didn’t care. Luckily, we weren’t going anywhere fancy, so I decided to wear jeggings, a flowery tank from American Eagle with a white over-sweater, and cute white and blue boots.  I wound up topping it off with earrings and a silver necklace. My makeup was all done and my hair was almost all the way curled when my mom walked in.

     It wouldn’t have been such a bad thing, but she didn’t exactly know anything about this yet.

     “What is all this?” Her tone indicated that she had somewhat of a guess as to the answer of her question. “Why are you getting all dressed up?”

     “I—um…” I couldn’t find the words.

     All too soon the doorbell rand.

     “I can get that.” I said, rushing towards the bathroom door. I didn’t want my mom to worry about me. I wasn’t in so much pain anymore.

     “No, honey,” My mom said between clenched teeth, “it’s my house, my door, and I’m going to answer it.”

     I stood dumbfounded as my mom walked away. All of a sudden I heard Derek’s deep voice as he greeted my mom. The biggest thing I noticed was that my mom did not sound very happy. I took off pelting down the stairs.

     “Hi, Derek.” For a second I forgot what I was going to say when I saw how perfect he looked. “Maybe you should go wait in your truck. I’ll just be—”

     “No Derek. Stay right here. In fact, have a seat.” Derek sat down on the couch and glanced at me nervously. “So honey, tell me what is going on. Samantha failed to explain a few things.”

     “Mom.” I butted in. “I was going to tell you, but I never got around to it.”

     “Tell me what?” she stared me down. I knew she already knew.

     “Well, mom, Derek’s taking out tonight.”

     “Taking you out as two friends casually seeing a movie, or….” She asked suspiciously, knowing I knew what the second option was. All three of us were silent, not that Derek could’ve gotten more quiet anyways.

     “Mom.” I sighed, still not knowing what I’d say. “Brandon’s been gone for a while now.”

     “And?”

     “And I think I’m starting to move on.” I stuttered the words out of my mouth.

     “That means Derek’s—”

     “More than just a friend.” I finished her sentence. “Yeah. That’s what it means.”

     My mom stared at me for a long time before she finally looked down. She sat up straight and looked me straight in the eye. “Alright.” She said. “But if you ever decide that you aren’t ready for a boyfriend, I’m sure Derek will understand.” I nodded and hugged her, happy to her blessing. “As for you, kid,” she turned to Derek. “I’m gonna lay down the same guidelines that I gave to Brandon.”

     “Okay.” Derek said quietly.

     “First off, no more Mrs. Thomas. My name is Lisa and that is what I expect to be called. Do you understand?”