50. Hawaii

Nickname: The Aloha State

Human Name: Leilani "Lani" Kealoha

Age: 15 Years Old

Gender: Female

Historical Background: Ancient Hawai'i was first settled around 800 CE; the islands would later be discovered by European explorers in 1778. In 1795, the Hawaiian Islands were united into the Kingdom of Hawaii. The Kingdom of Hawaii lasted until 1893 when it was overthrown in an American coup. The Republic of Hawaii was set up temporarily from 1894 to 1898 when it became a part of the United States as the Hawaii Territory. After voting the Republican plantation owners out of government, Hawaii actively favored statehood in the 1950s.

Statehood: August 21, 1959 (50th)

Hair Color: Soft Black

Eye Color: Pecan Brown

Height: 5' 0" (154 cm)

Notable Traits: Long wavy hair. Brown skin. She commonly wears tank tops, shorts, and sandals; she also likes wearing aloha shirts. Common accessories include sunglasses, black coral bracelets, yellow hibiscus flowers, and ohia lehua leis. She's bilingual in English and Hawaiian, although she'll sometimes speak a combination of the two called Hawaiian Pidgin.

Favorite Foods & Drinks: Haupia-Filled Malasadas, Kālua Pork, Kona Coffee, Laulau, Loco Moco, Lomi-lomi Salmon, Poke (Hawaiian dish), Saimin, Shave Ice, Spam Musubi

Likes: Hula, Outrigger Canoe Paddling, Rainbows, Playing the Ukulele, Surfing

Dislikes: Billboards, Cold Weather, Mongoose, Rats, Vog

Personality: Amiable and Colorful. Until another state is named, this Hawaiian native is currently the Youngest State to be admitted to the Union. Combined with the fact her home is a tropical island paradise, it's natural for her to garner positive attention. Her popularity isn't surprising considering she has a welcoming presence that makes people feel like they're being treated like family or royalty to an extent. But truth be told, behind the smiles and the shakas is a volcanic temper that doesn't like to be belittled or treated with disrespect. Unfortunately, she can't outright express her fiery fury since it contradicts her hospitable image. Some people may argue she has no right to complain because of her luxurious (yet expensive) lifestyle. Nonetheless, she requests to be taken seriously as if she were an adult, only for her cute appearance to distract people from seeing her sentiments. Despite her frustrations, she learns to lay back and live with them. She may not have the brightest mind (due to the rays of the sun getting to her head), but her eyes remain set on fulfilling a bright future for herself and the inhabitants of the islands.

Trivia:
+ She was born around the turn of the 19th century and raised for some time by her mother known as Ancient Hawaii. Alongside her seven younger siblings representing the other major Hawaiian Islands, they formed the Kingdom of Hawaii.
+ Since the Attack on Pearl Harbor, Hawaii has long ago accepted Japan's apology and forgiven him for what happened. She remains close friends with him alongside several Japanese prefectures, including Fukuoka, Okinawa, Hiroshima, Ehime, Hokkaido, and Yamaguchi as sister states.
+ She's an avid consumer of Japanese anime, manga, and video games. Some of her favorite franchises include Pokémon, Studio Ghibli, and Animal Crossing.
+ She has a captivation for tropical cocktails. Unfortunately, she's unable to have them due to her youthful appearance. She has to instead settle on tropical mocktails.
+ She thinks coconut bras are ridiculous and uncomfortable to wear.

~

Alternate Picture of Hawaii:

Chibi! Hawaii:

~

Feel free to vote and/or comment on Hawaii.