14. Vermont

Nickname: The Green Mountain State

Human Name: Vergil Beaumont

Age: 19 Years Old

Gender: Male

Historical Background: The region was first explored by John Cartier in 1535. French explorer Samuel de Champlain would later claim the area as a part of New France on July 30, 1609; the region wouldn't be settled until 1666. British settlers competed with French claims, eventually seizing the land in 1763 during the aftermath of the French and Indian War. The area was constantly fought over between New York and New Hampshire until the Green Mountain Boys declared independence for the "Republic of New Connecticut" on January 15, 1777; the name was later changed to Vermont on June 2, 1777. After settling disputes with New York, Vermont ceased to be a republic and became an American state instead.

Statehood: March 4, 1791 (14th)

Hair Color: Light Ash Blonde

Eye Color: Periwinkle Purple

Height: 5' 2" (158 cm)

Notable Traits: His hair is slightly wavy. Fair skin. He typically wears vests and sweaters. He has a unique accent that's a mixture of New England and French Canadian. He's known for his cat smile.

Favorite Foods & Drinks: Apple Pie, Cheddar Cheese, Common Crackers, Dilly Beans, Maple Creemee, Pancakes with Maple Syrup, Sugar on Snow, Switchel (drink), Tourtière, Vermonter (sandwich)

Likes: Cats, Green (color), Quidditch, Sugar Maples, Snow Golf

Dislikes: Fake Maple Syrup, Long Lines, Mud, New York, Spray Cheese

Personality: Meek and Pleasant. After fourteen years of independence as a republic, the Green Mountain Boy has since remained in the Union as a state (mostly to stay close to New Hampshire). Despite his official status, he's still mistaken as a Canadian to this day with his sweet disposition and love for maple syrup. Not to mention, he's supportive of a distinctive kind of liberalism that's making headlines in current-day U.S. politics. Outside the political limelight, however, he normally goes unnoticed. Having the smallest economy in the nation, he lives a quiet and quaint lifestyle close to nature. Even so, he's keen on choosing and making quality products that support local farmers and the environment. He prefers to keep things simple, however, he can come off as boring to some. Nonetheless, it's hard to dislike such a friendly face. Like, how can anybody hate his apple pie, chunky ice cream, and cute cat vlogs?

Trivia:
+ He's friends with Champ, the Lake Champlain monster.
+ He eats apple pie with a glass of milk, a slice of cheese, and a large scoop of vanilla ice cream.
+ His favorite Ben & Jerry's ice cream flavors are Half Baked, Cherry Garcia, Phish Food, and Vanilla. He also likes Vermonty Python, however, that flavor has been laid to rest in the Flavor Graveyard since 2008.
+ When it comes to winter sports, he's renowned for skiing, but he's also good at snowboarding.
+ He has a YouTube channel dedicated to cat vlogs.

~

Feel free to vote and/or comment on Vermont.