31. California

Nickname: The Golden State

Human Name: Aurelia Goldwater

Age: 19 Years Old

Gender: Female

Historical Background: The Spanish largely explored the "island" throughout the 16th, 17th, and 18th centuries; they started settling the land in 1770. In 1804, Alta California and Baja California were created as a part of New Spain. Both regions became a part of Mexico after the country's independence in 1821. The few Americans who settled in Alta California created the short-lived California Republic in 1846. After the Mexican-American War ended in 1848, Alta California was annexed to the United States, eventually gaining statehood in 1850.

Statehood: September 9, 1850 (31st)

Hair Color: Golden Blonde

Eye Color: Azure Blue

Height: 5' 7" (171 cm)

Notable Traits: She typically wears her hair in a ponytail, however, she's known to try various hairstyles as well as various colors. She has tan skin. She has an athletic build. She's quite fashionable, though she tends to wear denim clothes on many occasions. She often puts on cosmetics.

Favorite Foods & Drinks: Avocado Toast, Boba, California Rolls, California-style Pizza, Chop Suey, Cioppino, Cobb Salads, French Dip Sandwiches, Mission Burritos, Wine

Likes: Apple Products, Beach Volleyball, Cinematography, Gold, Surfing

Dislikes: Censorship, Disney World, Traffic Jams, Texas, Wildfires

Personality: Aspiring and Outgoing. Trending on every news media and social platform in the United States is the most popular state—the Golden Gurl herself. Be sure to leave a like and follow her totally awesome content, this beautiful social butterfly is a famous trendsetter as well as a huge cultural influencer at home and around the world; everyone should know her name by now. Devoted followers can expect lots of posts from her because she always has something to say; she rarely knows when to shut up. Despite her claims of being chill and open-minded, many instances show her being indiscreet with private information; it's noted she's quite obsessed with rumors and gossip. Clashes with haters frequently reveal moments of indifference, immaturity, and insensitivity beneath the glitz and glam of her pretty profile picture. Despite her flaws and the dumb things she has done, she still thinks of herself as being better than everyone else. She doesn't have the time to read offensive comments since she's hella busy making herself number one in anything she sets her eyes on; she also needs to make lots of money to cover an expensive lifestyle. It isn't easy maintaining a perfect image (or a perfect body weight), but she's confident she'll find a way to make things work. Until the next update, she wishes everyone a fabulous day from her beach house.

Trivia:
+ She was originally a brunette until the 1950s when she decided to dye it blonde. Besides her desire to become super popular, her decision was inspired by Marilyn Monroe.
+ She's bisexual in addition to being a unicorn. Whenever she meets bi newcomers at gatherings, she'll greet them in a unicorn onesie and offer them a lemon bar.
+ She loves to go to fan conventions, oftentimes cosplaying all sorts of popular characters.
+ She has a lot of social media accounts as well as multiple YouTube channels. Whenever a minor earthquake hits her home, she'll immediately make an overdramatic post about it.
+ Baja California and Baja California Sur are her sisters, though she's more familiar with the former than the latter. She'll occasionally make trips across the border to see them. While over there, she'll take the opportunity to buy alcoholic drinks and cheap fashionable clothes.

~

Young California (late pre-teens):

Chibi! California:

Chibi! California (with sunglasses):

Another Chibi! California:

~

Feel free to vote and/or comment on California.