19. Indiana

Nickname: The Hoosier State

Human Name: Diana "Ana" Cross

Age: 19 Years Old

Gender: Female

Historical Background: In 1679, the French became the first Europeans to explore the region; the region's first trading post was established in 1702. After its defeat in the French and Indian War, France ceded their North American colonies, including present-day Indiana, to Great Britain. After the American Revolution, the region became a part of the Northwest Territory in 1787. Congress would then separate Ohio from the rest of the land and rename it the Indiana Territory in 1800. After the separation of Michigan Territory and the creation of the Illinois Territory, Indiana gained a large enough population to apply for statehood in 1813 and achieved statehood three years later.

Statehood: December 11, 1816 (19th)

Hair Color: Dark Chestnut Brown

Eye Color: Hazel

Height: 5' 7" (169 cm)

Notable Traits: She prefers to maintain short hair; she'll sometimes style her hair in a chignon. She has olive skin. She typically wears tank tops and denim clothes such as jackets, jeans, and shorts. She's also known to wear a racing jacket. She has a total of nineteen moles, one of which represents Indianapolis located on her left chest.

Favorite Foods & Drinks: Beef Manhattans, Chicken and Noodles over Mashed Potatoes, Fried Biscuits with Apple Butter, Fried Bologna Sandwiches, Fried Brain Sandwiches, Hoosier Chili, Hoosier Sugar Cream Pie, Persimmon Pudding, Popcorn, Pork Tenderloin Sandwiches

Likes: Basketball, Flowers, Indiana Jones, Limestone, Motor Racing

Dislikes: Illinois, Mustaches, Snakes, Winter Baths, Wooden Guns

Personality: Diligent and Honest. To most people, she's just another boring state in the Midwest known for corn. Having a dull reputation isn't the worst thing to have in her opinion since she's the kind of person to focus on work rather than make a name for herself. Besides, she's a bashful introvert who rarely shows emotions outside of competitions. Accustomed to being ignored, social interactions aren't her thing. She can unintentionally be cold-hearted at times, but she does show compassion, even to dishonest people. Attempts to shy away from being the center of attention have done nothing to dissuade people from getting her involved in their problems for reasons she can't explain. Even with the knowledge of gaining nothing from trouble, she'll reluctantly agree to help out of the goodness in her heart, garnering a reliable reputation. If there's one thing this country bumpkin hates the most, it's time being wasted on trivial matters. Once she's done her job, she can return to living peacefully in privacy without an annoying neighbor asking for a favor.

Trivia:
+ She's obligated to drink a bottle of milk whenever she finishes as the winner of a motor race. Her preferred choice is whole milk.
+ Terraria is one of her favorite video games.
+ Holiday World & Splashin' Safari is her favorite amusement park that's incredibly underrated. The Voyage is her favorite roller coaster.
+ Every December, she'll spend some time volunteering as a "Hoosier elf" answering children's letters to Santa Claus.
+ Tochigi (a prefecture of Japan) is one of her sister states with whom they share a passion for motorsports. She's also friends with another Japanese prefecture named Aomori, having introduced Western apples to them in the late 19th century. "Indo Ringo" is the Japanese word for Western apples, named after Indiana.

~

Feel free to vote and/or comment on Indiana.