12. North Carolina

Nickname: The Old North State

Human Name: Charlotte Jackson

Age: 20 Years Old

Gender: Female

Historical Background: The Spanish were the first Europeans to explore the region in the 16th century; they attempted to settle the region, but their plans were compromised by attacks from Native Americans. The English attempted to settle the area in 1584 with the creation of the Roanoke Colony, but the colony was mysteriously abandoned around 1590. Decades later in 1629, King Charles I made another charter that granted the creation of the Carolina Colony. Disputes between Carolina proprietors resulted in the split between North Carolina and South Carolina in 1712; both regions became royal colonies in 1729. In 1776, North Carolina declared its independence from Great Britain to later become a state of America.

Statehood: November 21, 1789 (12th)

Hair Color: Intense Red

Eye Color: Kelly Green

Height: 5' 6" (168 cm)

Notable Traits: She styles her hair into a side ponytail on the right side of her head, often tied up with a red ribbon. She has pinkish skin. She wears glasses with rectangular frames. She likes to wear camo clothes and combat boots, though she doesn't mind wearing casual dresses. She has a gifted voice for singing.

Favorite Foods & Drinks: Barbecue (she can't decide between Eastern and Lexington styles), Carolina-style Hot Dogs, Cheerwine, Krispy Kreme Doughnuts, Livermush, Moravian Chicken Pie, Moravian Sugar Cake, Pepsi, Sonkers, Sweet Potato Pie

Likes: Blue Ghost Fireflies, Emeralds, Miniature Golf, Mugs, NASCAR

Dislikes: Bad Singing, Coca-Cola, Ohio, South Carolina, Vaping

Personality: Peppy and Spunky. Formerly considered the inferior twin among the Carolinas in the Colonial era, she has worked hard to build a better home in the Modern era. However, she has a long way to go to distinguish herself from the rest of the South. Like any Southerner, she's prone to stubbornness and fiery bursts of anger. Sometimes, she'll appear graceful and laid-back like a Southern belle in an idyllic garden. Other times, she'll act like one of the country boys, either hunting in the woods or driving race cars up to 200 miles per hour; she loves the outdoors. She's rarely afraid of danger as she's generally level-headed to not act rashly. Although, she can be indecisive when put in a difficult position. But when she does make a decision, she'll dig in her heels and maintain her stance until the end. Overall, she's quite a beautiful and courageous girl who's constantly annoyed by comparisons to her bratty sister.

Trivia:
+ The disappearance of the Roanoke Colony remains a mystery to her.
+ Her favorite brand of hot sauce is Texas Pete.
+ Her favorite fast-food restaurants include Bojangles and Hardee's.
+ Mr. Beast is her favorite YouTuber.
+ She's quite talented at clothesmaking, so much so that any clothes she sees she can create at home. The strawberry dress is one of her greatest creations.

~

Chibi! North Carolina:

~

Feel free to vote and/or comment on North Carolina.