41. Montana

Nickname: Big Sky Country

Human Name: Monica Tresler

Age: 17 Years Old

Gender: Female

Historical Background: After the Louisiana Purchase in 1803, the first European-Americans to explore the land was the Lewis and Clark Expedition. The first settlement in the region was built in 1841. The region would then become a part of many territories (Oregon, Washington, Idaho, and Dakota) before it was organized into the Montana Territory in 1864. Its original bid for statehood failed in 1866, however, it was more successful in its second attempt in 1884. Although, their statehood was delayed to 1889 due to political reasons.

Statehood: November 8, 1889 (41st)

Hair Color: Light Golden Blond

Eye Color: Dark Silver

Notable Traits: Medium bob with full bangs. Taller than average height. She likes to sport denim clothes and boots; she'll sometimes sport a cowboy hat. She typically wears two rings on her left hand: a golden moss agate ring and a silver sapphire ring. She has a tough butt (representing Butte, Montana).

Favorite Foods & Drinks: Bison Steak, Buckwheat Cinnamon Rolls, Elk Burgers, Flathead Cherries, Hootdogs, Huckleberry Bear Claws, Hutterite Chicken, Nutburgers, Smoked Trout, Whiskey Ditch

Likes: Cloud Watching, Cross-Country Skiing, Grizzly Bears, Horseback Riding, Sketching

Dislikes: Commercial Beer, Doomsday Cults, Montucky (nickname), Snowflakes (people), War

Personality: Calm and Tough. This badass doesn't need to speak to prove she means serious business. Being the strong and silent type, her presence alone is usually enough to grab the room's attention. Otherwise, she'll set off a shotgun round while acting nonchalant about it. To her confusion, her methods are sometimes considered extreme, however, it's hard to argue with a woman of integrity. She'll listen out of courtesy, but she insists she knows how to take care of things, including herself. Her strong work ethic needs no explanation. Still, the tough act she puts on doesn't make her invulnerable to emotions as much as she tries to conceal them. With that said, she isn't fazed by opinions of being too boring and plain; her lack of popularity isn't an issue for her. In her opinion, her home is a treasure that's exclusive to those who find value in it.

Trivia:
+ She learned the ropes of ranching when Texas came and brought cattle to her home in 1866.
+ From the late 2000s to the early 2010s, she endured countless Hannah Montana jokes; none of them have made her laugh.
+ Kumamoto (a prefecture of Japan) is one of her sister states. In recent years, Montana has received Kumamon merchandise as gifts from them.
+ She has yet to catch onto Alberta's unconveyed feelings. For all she knows, they share a mutual understanding with common interests.
+ Spanish is her linguistic fetish.

~

Child! Montana:

~

Feel free to vote and/or comment on Montana.