34. Kansas

Nickname: The Sunflower State

Human Name: Kaylie Sonnen

Age: 18 Years Old

Gender: Female

Historical Background: A Spanish explorer was the first European to explore the region in 1541; the land was later claimed as a part of French Louisiana. When the United States bought the Louisiana Territory in 1803, the region became an unorganized territory. It was once a part of the Missouri Territory until 1821 when it became Indian Territory. In 1854, Congress created the Kansas Territory alongside the Nebraska Territory. Despite bloody tensions between pro-slavery and anti-slavery forces, Kansas applied for statehood as a free state in 1859 and became a state three years later.

Statehood: January 29, 1861 (34th)

Hair Color: Ruby Red

Eye Color: Sky Blue

Height: 5' 3" (161 cm)

Notable Traits: Braided pigtails alongside bows or flowers in her hair. Adorably large eyes. Unusually short and skinny despite her age and diet. She likes to wear picnic dresses; she'll sometimes sport a bomber jacket. She has a flat chest.

Favorite Foods & Drinks: Baby Back Ribs, Bierocks, Chili & Cinnamon Rolls, Homemade Bread, Icee, Sirloin Steak, Sour Cream & Raisin Pie, Stuffed Crust Pizza, Sliders, Sunflower Seeds

Likes: Breadmaking, Cairn Terriers, Children's Literature, Flying, Sunflowers

Dislikes: Grasshoppers, Missouri, Small Breasts, Tornadoes, Westboro Baptist Church

Personality: Adorable and Cheerful. America's Heartland is a cute country bumpkin whose sweet smile conveys compassion from the heart. Despite being central in one of the bloodiest conflicts in American history, she has remarkably retained much of her innocence as long as she isn't reminded of those dark times. There's nothing wrong with conserving her purity, however, she can come off as being childish and naive for her age. She can be an airhead as well as a crybaby. As much as she likes to stay positive, she has insecurities about being too plain, too boring, and, most troubling, too flat. Though happy and humble to live a life without worries, she doesn't want to be seen as a flyover state. Rather, she wants people to think of home on the range as the opposite of drab and dreary. She thinks growing a bigger chest will increase her chances of becoming the center of the country's attention again which sounds doubtful. Even so, no one wants to break her heart, leaving her to keep hoping and imagining better things to come.

Trivia:
+ From the onset of the American Civil War to its aftermath, Kansas found herself at fault for causing the conflict despite it being out of her control.
+ She once had to sell sex toys to fund her public education. It was quite an embarrassing moment for her.
+ She loves homemade bread, believing it tastes way better than bread from the store. With that said, she has mixed feelings about bread bowls.
+ She has hemophobia, often feeling lightheaded and fainting at the sight of blood.
+ Despite being based in Missouri, Kansas likes rooting for the NFL's Kansas City Chiefs and the MLB's Kansas City Royals.

~

Young Kansas (around her Pre-Teens):

Chibi! Kansas:

~

Feel free to vote and/or comment on Kansas.