48. Arizona

Nickname: The Grand Canyon State

Human Name: Aria Ajei Phoenix

Age: 16 Years Old

Gender: Female

Historical Background: The Spanish were the first Europeans to explore the region in 1539; it was minimally settled around 1700. By 1822, the area became a part of the Mexican state of Sonora. The region then became a part of the United States in 1848 after the Mexican American War; it gained more land after the Gadsden Purchase in 1853. It was a part of the Territory of New Mexico until it was split off to form the Arizona Territory on February 24, 1863. Despite plans from Republicans in Congress to combine Arizona with New Mexico in 1912, Arizona was adamant and successful in becoming its own state.

Statehood: February 14, 1912 (48th)

Hair Color: Copper Red

Eye Color: Copper Brown

Height: 5' 4" (164 cm)

Notable Traits: Choppy bob with bangs. Copper skin. She always wears a turquoise bolo tie. Most of the time, she's carrying a pistol, specifically a Colt Single Action Army. Whenever she sees or hears something she likes, a strand of hair will sometimes sprout from the top of her head in the shape of a heart.

Favorite Foods & Drinks: Cactus Fries, Cheese Crisps, Chimichangas, Lemonade, Menudo (soup), Navajo Tacos, Piki (bread), Raspados (aka Mexican Shaved Ice), Sonoran Hot Dogs, Tamales

Likes: Astronomy, Canyoning, Heavy Metal, Lovebirds, Saguaro Cacti

Dislikes: Crane Games, Daylight Savings Time, Dog Days, Haboobs, Pennies

Personality: Laid-back and Reckless. This sweetheart is a bad girl with a streak for crazy adventures at temperatures that don't exceed 105°F. Being one of the youngest among the contiguous states, her immaturity doesn't come as a shock. Like any wayward teenager, she'll roll her eyes at controlling coots and ignore tiresome orders. Sometimes, she can be blunt and venomous with her tone when annoyed. Other times, she can be quite chill, although it's usually around friends her age. She isn't deliberately rebellious. She's just carefree with her time, having difficulty in becoming productive when her interests are the thrills of life. Despite the dangers, she'll often do stupid stunts for that adrenaline boost she always craves. Broken bones are the least of her concerns as long as she's smiling and having fun.

Trivia:
+ She was briefly made a territory of the Confederacy during the American Civil War. After the Confederates were driven out by Union forces, New Mexico (with Ohio's help) vouched for her to become a territory of the Union when asking for Congress's approval.
+ She once attempted to jump across the Grand Canyon using a motorbike and failed horribly.
+ She'll occasionally go on meditation retreats in the Grand Canyon.
+ She has a habit of buying succulents despite owning hundreds of them.
+ Her favorite type of content to watch on YouTube is animations. Her favorite channels include Jaiden Animations and TheOdd1sOut.

~

Chibi! Arizona:

Another Chibi! Arizona:

~

Feel free to vote and/or comment on Arizona.