26. Michigan

Nickname: The Great Lake State

Human Name: Michaela "Michi" Ford

Age: 18 Years Old

Gender: Female

Historical Background: The first Europeans to explore the region were the French in 1620; the French would later build the first permanent European settlement in 1668. After the end of the French and Indian War in 1763, the area was transferred to Great Britain; it later became a part of the British Province of Quebec in 1774. The area would then become a part of the United States in the signing of the Treaty of Paris in 1783, later becoming a part of the Northwest Territory in 1787. It later became a part of the Indiana Territory in 1800, eventually becoming Michigan Territory in 1805. Michigan was allowed to become a state in 1835, but a territorial dispute with Ohio over the Toledo Strip delayed its admittance into Union to 1837; Michigan was given the Upper Peninsula as compensation for Ohio getting the Toledo Strip.

Statehood: January 26, 1837 (26th)

Hair Color: Sandy Brown

Eye Color: Purple Taupe Gray

Height: 5' 6" (167 cm)

Notable Traits: She has shoulder-length hair stylized in a Hime cut. Fair skin. She typically sports a denim mechanic's cap. She also likes to sport either gloves or mittens. Her ideal weapon of choice to use on rivals is a wrench. 

Favorite Foods & Drinks: Boston Coolers, Coney Island Hot Dogs, Detroit-style Pizza, Faygo, Fudge, Michigan Salad, Olive Burgers, Pączki, Superman (ice cream flavor), Wet Burritos

Likes: American Cars, Bowling, Euchre, Techno Music, Wolverines

Dislikes: Asian Carp, Foreign Cars, Rust, That State Down South, Toronto Maple Leafs

Personality: Dauntless and Driven. From an outsider's perspective, she looks to be a cheery, upright, and wonderful girl—pure like the water from her lakes—until someone speaks ill of her. Suddenly, she'll give boneheads and Butteyes alike hell, unleashing the ferocity of her inner wolverine until she grows hungry and sleepy. Never underestimate an ego the size of Lake Superior. She holds grudges like nobody's business. When forbidden from giving so much as a slap to the face, she can always turn to petty mischief as an alternate resolution; she takes pleasure in trolling people. Even when the other person is right, she'll continue going left until she crashes and burns for her hubris. Despite being a dangerous and depressing mess at times, she remains motivated by her determination to achieve prosperity and perfection. No matter how dismal things may seem, she won't ever abandon her dreams to reign supreme over the Great Lakes. At the very least, she wants to be better than That State Down South.

Trivia:
+ She had a habit of sucking her thumb when she was a young child.
+ Every decade in years ending with the number seven, Michigan will encounter a cryptid known as the Dogman. In such confrontations, she'll have a silver weapon on hand to repel the werewolf into submission.
+ Her top five favorite pizza franchises are Buddy's Pizza, Domino's, Little Caesars, Hungry Howie's Pizza, and Jet's Pizza.
+ She has a lake house that comes with a giant garage where she keeps a small car collection. Some of the automobiles she owns include a 1955 Chrysler 300, a pink 1959 Cadillac Series 62 Convertible, a blue-and-white 1965 Ford Mustang Shelby GT350, several Chevrolet Camaros, a blue-and-orange Ford GT, and a Dodge Challenger. In the current era, she drives around in a Ford F-Series pickup truck.
+ She's an official property owner of Hell, having bought ten inches of it for about $100. In addition, she also has a diploma from Damnation University (aka Dam U).

~

Michigan at a Cherry Orchard:

Chibi Michigan:

Sailor Michigan (with a Bob):

Young Michigan:

~

Feel free to vote and/or comment on Michigan.