2. Pennsylvania

Nickname: The Keystone State

Human Name: Penelope "Penny" Penn

Age: 21 Years Old

Gender: Female

Historical Background: The region was fought over by the Dutch, Swedish, French, and British throughout the 17th century. After the British gained control of New Amsterdam, King Charles II of England granted the Province of Pennsylvania to William Penn on March 4, 1681. They gradually became a successful middle-class colony in the 18th century with its diverse population. In response to growing revolutionary support, Pennsylvania became a vital center in the American Revolution. It would later become an American state after gaining independence from Great Britain.

Statehood: December 12, 1787 (2nd)

Hair Color: Chocolate Brown

Eye Color: Copper Brown

Height: 5' 8" (172 cm)

Notable Traits: She styles her hair in an updo. Olive skin. Copper-colored glasses. She tends to snack while working. She can speak Pennsylvania Dutch.

Favorite Foods & Drinks: Barbecue Flavored Potato Chips, Birch Beer Float, Cheesesteaks, Chipped Ham, Hershey's Chocolate, Hoagies, Pretzels, Root Beer, Shoofly Pie, Stromboli

Likes: Great Danes, Groundhogs, Model Railroading, Mushroom Hunting, Wrestling

Dislikes: Amish Romance, Coal-seam Fires, Confederate Flags, Desecrating the Terrible Towel, Sports Rivals

Personality: Frank and Witty. Out of the Original 13 Colonies, she's the only one to grow up in a Quaker household, influencing her to be friendly and tolerant toward all kinds of people, even those who find her strange. Though no longer considered a Friend-having broken her pledge to avoid violence-she has instead become famous for her key role in the American Revolution. The mastermind of American independence takes pride in accomplishing liberty, unity, and prosperity for her nation. To this day, she holds tremendous satisfaction in shaping the nation, including their waistline, with her tasty food. She may look like a quaint grandma, but don't be fooled. It's all a classy act until she brings out her passionate side, sometimes causing her to break stuff by accident; never bring up sports around her. She won't hesitate to express her sensible opinions which can come off as harsh to some; she doesn't pull her punches. With that said, she'll have someone's back if she strongly believes them to be just. No matter if it's day or night, she'll always work hard to support the people's right to express themselves freely.

Trivia:
+ In the past, she worked part-time as a mail carrier.
+ She used to sleep with the window open at night.
+ She refuses to say which is better in the Sheetz-vs-Wawa rivalry.
+ She likes to use emoticons when texting.
+ She thinks of herself as an expert at driving around potholes. Her fellow states say otherwise.

~

Chibi! Pennsylvania:

Pennsylvania with Snacks:

~

Feel free to vote and/or comment on Pennsylvania.