43. Idaho

Nickname: The Gem State

Human Name: Jasper Starr

Age: 17 Years Old

Gender: Male

Historical Background: Lewis and Clark entered the region on August 12, 1805; the first "European descent" expedition entered the area around 1811–1812. The region would then become a part of the Oregon Territory in 1846. Parts of the area later contributed to the Washington Territory and the Dakota Territory. In 1863, the Idaho Territory was created; its present-day boundaries were set after the creation of the Montana and Wyoming Territories. Idaho would then become a state in 1890.

Statehood: July 3, 1890 (43rd)

Hair Color: Russet Brown

Eye Color: Plum Purple

Height: 5' 8" (173 cm)

Notable Traits: He has a tall strand of hair that sticks straight up (representing the Idaho Panhandle). Tan skin. Freckles across his face. He wears glasses and a silver-chained star garnet pendant necklace. He possesses a Pulaski (a type of ax).

Favorite Foods & Drinks: Croquetas, Finger Steaks, Habanero Pizza, Huckleberry Milkshakes, Ice Cream Baked Potato, Injera, Lamb Chops, Ruby Red Trout, Sturgeon Caviar, Stuffed Baked Potatoes

Likes: Appaloosas, Metal Slug, Rockhounding, Ski Resorts, Trout Fishing

Dislikes: Asking for Directions, Doomsday, Marijuana, Potato Diseases, Rattlesnakes

Personality: Paranoid and Perverse. Everybody knows potatoes are a source of pride and nutrition for this eccentric hick. Aside from his obsession with spuds, not much is known about him. Not surprising considering he's normally a private person who has become more pessimistic over the years, especially toward the government. Thanks to a collection of conspiracy theories, the prepper has built his own underground shelter in fear of the worst. And as crazy as it sounds, his superstitions have gotten to the point he finds friends and foreigners alike annoying at best and shady at worst. Likewise, he's considered crazy for believing and making dumb assumptions. Honestly, it's hard to tell if he's being sincere or sarcastic with his statements—such as his defense for cannibalism. As long as he doesn't hold any hostile thoughts about using an ax to end his arguments, he can say whatever he wants. At the end of the day, nobody will take this potato-loving idiot seriously.

Trivia: 
+ Idaho has an imaginary friend that looks like a potato with a cute face. They were originally his "friend" when he was younger until he was forced to eat them out of hunger. He has since dedicated his life to growing the best potatoes in their memory.
+ While it's obvious he loves potatoes, russets are particularly his favorite kind.
+ Besides growing potatoes, Idaho also raises sheep. He has also spent some time working in mines around the region.
+ His favorite ride at Silverwood Theme Park is a wooden roller coaster called Tremors.
+ He's not afraid of wild gorillas, yet he's suspicious of bald people.

~

Feel free to vote and/or comment on Idaho.