37. Nebraska

Nickname: The Cornhusker State

Human Name: Nixie "Nebby" Steuben

Age: 18 Years Old

Gender: Female

Historical Background: In 1682, the French claimed the region as a part of the Louisiana Territory. In 1762, France ceded the land to Spain; France would later get the land back in 1800. In 1803, the United States inherited the land as a part of the Louisiana Purchase. It became a part of the Missouri Territory from 1812 to 1821 when it became an unorganized territory. Together with Kansas, the Nebraska Territory was created in 1854; it would later become a state in 1867.

Statehood: March 1, 1867 (37th)

Hair Color: Light Blonde

Eye Color: Golden Brown

Height: 5' 10" (177 cm)

Notable Traits: Her hair is usually worn in a low ponytail; she'll sometimes put effort into making it a single braid. Fair skin. Lean build. She generally likes simple garbs, typically wearing polo neck sweaters, blue denim jeans, and leather boots. She has a flat chest.

Favorite Foods & Drinks: Butter Brickle Ice Cream, Cheese Frenchees, Corn Souffle, Kolache, Kool-Aid, Popcorn Balls, Raisin Pie, Reuben Sandwiches, Runzas, T-bone Steak

Likes: College World Series, Indie Rock, Mammoths, Trees, Volleyball

Dislikes: Burping, Children, Literature, Political Parties, Public Speaking

Personality: Plain and Placid. Honestly, she isn't everyone's favorite state, nor is she considered exciting. This cornhusker is well-aware of her boring reputation, sometimes making self-deprecating comments in a dry manner. With that said, she isn't the type to draw attention to herself. She tends to behave quietly and act neutral, but that's when she's by herself. Though she prefers to observe and listen, communication isn't a problem as long as she isn't doing most of the talking. Aside from her sardonic sense of humor, she's quite nice and supportive of others. If she wants to, she won't mind lending a helping hand for free without question; it's not like she has a lot going on in her life. Fame, fortune, and power aren't her priorities. As corny as it sounds, she's the happiest living modestly.

Trivia:
+ She initially voted against statehood in fear of paying higher taxes. She later regretted that decision when President Andrew Johnson vetoed her admission twice; the second time had to be overruled by Congress.
+ During World War II, she manufactured ammunition as a contribution to the war effort.
+ She and Texas share a National Guard partnership with the Czech Republic. While they do get along with each other, Nebraska has a hard time getting Texas to understand what kolaches are supposed to look like.
+ She has made it a tradition and a personal goal to plant at least fifty saplings annually on Arbor Day. She'll often invite her friends and neighbors to help her in exchange for free food.
+ She'll sometimes pay the "Oracle of Omaha" a friendly visit and play contract bridge with him.

~

Young Nebraska:

Nebraska (with a Single Braid):

~

Feel free to vote and/or comment on Nebraska.