3. New Jersey

Nickname: The Garden State

Human name: Jeremy Gardner

Age: 21 Years Old

Gender: Male

Historical Background: The Dutch and the Swedes settled the area of present-day New Jersey in the early 1600s. In 1664, the English conquered New Amsterdam, consequently splitting the region off as the Province of New Jersey. In 1674, New Jersey was split and governed separately into East Jersey and West Jersey. For a brief period between 1688 to 1689, both Jerseys were part of the short-lived Dominion of New England. Under the rule of Queen Anne, both Jerseys were united into the royal colony that lasted from 1702 until 1776 when New Jersey became independent from Great Britain.

Statehood: December 18, 1787 (3rd)

Hair Color: Scarlet

Eye Color: Buff

Height: 5' 9" (175 cm)

Notable Traits: He originally had lighter-colored skin that gradually tanned over the decades. He wears contacts, though he'll sometimes wear glasses to appear smart. He has a New Jersey accent. He has six-pack abs. He's quite conscious of body odor, so he'll often wear lots of body spray and deodorant.

Favorite Foods & Drinks: Beefsteak (banquet), Candy Apples, Disco Fries, Fat Sandwiches, Hot Dogs, M&M's, Pork Rolls (aka Taylor Ham), Salt Water Taffy, Submarine Sandwiches, Tomato Pie

Likes: Batman, Boardwalks, Container Gardening, Diners, Gambling

Dislikes: Body Odor, Jellyfish, Joisey (nickname), New York, Pulaski Skyway

Personality: Cunning and Mischievous. To many New Yorkers, he's the target of revulsion, the butt of many jokes, and the worst place to ever visit (except for their beaches). There's a dirty stigma to his name which rubs him the wrong way whenever outsiders assume he's like the raunchy people on reality TV. Undeniably, he is like that—a reckless braggart who loves to party and mess with people. The shenanigans he has gotten into have made him infamous. Despite his dumb antics, he's actually smarter than he looks; never underestimate this handsome devil. His sly demeanor can make a drastic turn when gets irritated. Otherwise, he doesn't mean any harm; he likes to spook people for his amusement. Overall, he seems like a fun guy to hang around until he starts taking off his shirt and demanding a fight.

Trivia:
+ He once had a twin brother for some time during the Colonial Era. They were called East Jersey and West Jersey respectively. 
+ He has come across the Jersey Devil on several occasions at the Pine Barrens. 
+ He and the rest of the states have different definitions of a sloppy joe.
+ He maintains a herb and vegetable garden on his apartment balcony.
+ He collects various editions of Monopoly.

~

Feel free to vote and/or comment on New Jersey.