9. New Hampshire

Nickname: The Granite State

Human Name: Harold Stark

Age: 22 Years Old

Gender: Male

Historical Background: The colony was first settled in 1623 by a group of fishermen from England under the direction of David Thompson; the Province of New Hampshire was then founded and named in 1629 by John Mason under the Council for New England. In 1641, the Massachusetts Bay Colony claimed control over New Hampshire. It wouldn't be until 1679 when King Charles II separated the two entities, declaring the Province of New Hampshire a royal colony). New Hampshire was briefly a part of the Dominion of New England in 1686 until its collapse in 1689. New Hampshire would later go on to declare its independence from Great Britain, later becoming a state of America.

Statehood: June 21, 1788 (9th)

Hair Color: Grayish Black

Eye Color: Amber

Height: 5' 8" (173 cm)

Notable Traits: Fair skin. Rectangle body type. White glasses with rectangular frames. He tends to wear sweaters and plaid jackets. He has a natural frown.

Favorite Foods & Drinks: Apple Cider, Boiled Dinner, Fried Lake Bass, Mead (alcohol), Pancakes, Portsmouth Orange Cake, Pumpkin Pie, Steak Bombs, Steamers (aka Steamed Clams), Yogurt

Likes: Chinook (dog), Forest Trails, Granite, Paintball, Skiing

Dislikes: Expensive Drinks, Masshole, New York, Religion, Taxes

Personality: Free-spirited and Reserved. This Granite Stater is a stone-cold independent individual whose frosty front can scare and put people off. He isn't particularly known to be mean-spirited, however, he does have a dark sense of humor. Furthermore, he tends to take things way too seriously, especially when feeling pressured, to the point of paranoia at times. It'll be more appropriate to describe him as acting like an old-fashioned geezer whose frugality and reclusiveness rivals Switzerland. While he isn't a stranger to lending a helping hand, he has no reason to pry further in other people's business, nor will he stick around to hear more than necessary. He only takes exception with neighbors and close friends that don't mind his boring ramblings on taxes and politics; rarely will he show a soft side. He may not always be a huge deal of importance, but he can at least take pride and appreciate the smallest things. To him, what matters the most is being able to live free without restrictions. Otherwise, he'll choose the latter option.

Trivia:
+ He unintentionally founded Vermont when he built towns on New York's land during the Colonial Era.
+ "Always First, Always Right" was a motto New Hampshire used to brag about, having correctly predicted every elected U.S. president since 1920. Unfortunately for him, his winning streak came to an unexpected end when Bill Clinton won the 1992 U.S. presidential election despite not winning his primary. Much to his dismay, most of his U.S. presidential predictions had since been proven more wrong than right.
+ Pumpkin carving is one of his favorite hobbies to do in the fall. For that matter, he currently holds the Guinness world record for the most lit jack-o'-lanterns in one place at 30,581. At one point, he broke a previous record held by Massachusetts to spite him.
+ He misses the Old Man of the Mountain.
+ Mystery Hill (aka America's Stonehenge) is still a mystery to him.

~

Young New Hampshire:

~

Feel free to vote and/or comment on New Hampshire.