21. Illinois

Nickname: The Prairie State

Human Name: Elliot Freeman

Age: 19 Years Old

Gender: Male

Historical Background: French explorers entered and settled the region around 1673. The region was a part of New France until 1763 when Great Britain seized the region in the aftermath of the French and Indian War. During the American Revolutionary War, Connecticut and Virginia laid claims to Illinois County until both were forced to cede it to the federal government in 1783 as a part of the Northwest Territory. The Illinois Territory was later created on February 3, 1809. Once Illinois had a large enough population, it applied for statehood in January 1818, getting accepted into the Union before the end of that year.

Statehood: December 3, 1818 (21st)

Hair Color: Coal Black

Eye Color: Bronze Brown

Height: 5' 9" (176 cm)

Notable Traits: His current hairstyle is a temple fade, though he's known to try different hairstyles over the decades. He has dark skin. He likes to wear blazers, hoodies, and windbreakers. His favorite headwears include baseball caps, trilbys, and fedoras. He has a Chicago accent.

Favorite Foods & Drinks: Atomic Cake, Chicago-style Popcorn, Chicago-style Hot Dogs, Deep-dish Pizza, Horseshoe Sandwiches, Italian Beef (sandwiches), Jibaritos, Pumpkin Pie, Shrimp DeJonghe, Twinkies

Likes: Abraham Lincoln, Architecture, Ferris Wheels, Playing the Saxophone, Poetry Slams

Dislikes: Cheeseheads, Debt, Fire, Ketchup, Mormonism

Personality: Careless and Crafty. If not for Chicago, his name may have been indistinguishable from the rest of the Corn Belt. For that matter, it's thanks to the Windy City he has the foolhardy persona of being a fucking irritating bastard (aka a FIB), especially to his neighbors. The former gangster can't seem to stay out of trouble, often getting involved in both types of rackets without regard for his well-being. Whenever possible, he'll compel the assistance of friends and associates to achieve his goals and fix his problems. Because if he's not careful, the clumsy messes he leaves behind will surely come back to bite him in the butt. Nonetheless, he'll throw caution to the wind because he's a cocky sucker for money and attention. There's a limit to how much people can put up with his dishonesty, and he knows better not to take for granted the goodwill of others. It sounds hard to believe, but he does hold a deep respect for honest and hardworking individuals—even if they don't see eye to eye. Aside from being a rude inconvenience from time to time, he's overall a cool and outgoing dude who loves to liven the atmosphere with a bit of jazz.

Trivia:
+ He initially believed a cow started the Great Chicago Fire. When that story turned out to be made up, he apologized to Mrs. O'Leary and her cow, though the damage to her reputation had been done.
+ He unintentionally killed disco during a baseball game.
+ He still calls it the Sears Tower; the Willis Tower will never catch on.
+ His favorite music genres include blues, jazz, swing, soul, house, hardcore punk, and hip hop.
+ He actively follows the Chicago franchise. He has even cameoed in several episodes as a random bystander.

~

Chibi! Illinois (with and without glasses):

~

Feel free to vote and/or comment on Illinois.